Successful Fix For iTunes Error(s) in Vista RC2

=?Utf-8?B?S2VuIE0u?=

Successful Fix For iTunes Error(s) in Vista RC2
iPod and iTunes worked perfect in XP prior to installing RC2. After
installing, started to get 1418 errors (etc.) in iTunes when trying to update
my iPod or load music. Ignore the iTunes support suggestions of reinstalling
7.2. A waste of time. Running the iPod system reset .EXE is also useless.

After struggling with downloads and more errors, I jumped into Help
Diagnostics in iTunes. It clued me in to 2 issues. (1) not running iTunes
as an administrator and (2) iTunes services not running.

I Went to my Vista Control Panel and got into Services. Stopped and
restarted iTunes Services. Next, I went to Explorer and found iTunes.EXE
under iTunes in Program Files. Right Click on iTunes.EXE and run it as
Administrator. Worked like a charm.

I see from other posts that Vista RTM resolves this problem, too.

Best of luck to you and Happy New Year! -Ken M-
=?Utf-8?B?VG9ueQ==?=

RE: Successful Fix For iTunes Error(s) in Vista RC2
good points. I could not find SERVICES under CONTROL PANEL. Could it have a
different name? I use RC1 build 5600.

"Ken M." wrote:

> iPod and iTunes worked perfect in XP prior to installing RC2. After
> installing, started to get 1418 errors (etc.) in iTunes when trying to update
> my iPod or load music. Ignore the iTunes support suggestions of reinstalling
> 7.2. A waste of time. Running the iPod system reset .EXE is also useless.
>
> After struggling with downloads and more errors, I jumped into Help
> Diagnostics in iTunes. It clued me in to 2 issues. (1) not running iTunes
> as an administrator and (2) iTunes services not running.
>
> I Went to my Vista Control Panel and got into Services. Stopped and
> restarted iTunes Services. Next, I went to Explorer and found iTunes.EXE
> under iTunes in Program Files. Right Click on iTunes.EXE and run it as
> Administrator. Worked like a charm.
>
> I see from other posts that Vista RTM resolves this problem, too.
>
> Best of luck to you and Happy New Year! -Ken M-

James

Re: Successful Fix For iTunes Error(s) in Vista RC2
Probably under Administrative Tools.

"Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> good points. I could not find SERVICES under CONTROL PANEL. Could it have
> different name? I use RC1 build 5600.
>
> "Ken M." wrote:
>
>> iPod and iTunes worked perfect in XP prior to installing RC2. After
>> installing, started to get 1418 errors (etc.) in iTunes when trying to
>> update
>> my iPod or load music. Ignore the iTunes support suggestions of
>> reinstalling
>> 7.2. A waste of time. Running the iPod system reset .EXE is also
>> useless.
>>
>> After struggling with downloads and more errors, I jumped into Help
>> Diagnostics in iTunes. It clued me in to 2 issues. (1) not running
>> iTunes
>> as an administrator and (2) iTunes services not running.
>>
>> I Went to my Vista Control Panel and got into Services. Stopped and
>> restarted iTunes Services. Next, I went to Explorer and found iTunes.EXE
>> under iTunes in Program Files. Right Click on iTunes.EXE and run it as
>> Administrator. Worked like a charm.
>>
>> I see from other posts that Vista RTM resolves this problem, too.
>>
>> Best of luck to you and Happy New Year! -Ken M-

=?Utf-8?B?VG9ueQ==?=

Re: Successful Fix For iTunes Error(s) in Vista RC2
Thanks James.

"James" wrote:

> Probably under Administrative Tools.
>
> "Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > good points. I could not find SERVICES under CONTROL PANEL. Could it have
> > different name? I use RC1 build 5600.
> >
> > "Ken M." wrote:
> >
> >> iPod and iTunes worked perfect in XP prior to installing RC2. After
> >> installing, started to get 1418 errors (etc.) in iTunes when trying to
> >> update
> >> my iPod or load music. Ignore the iTunes support suggestions of
> >> reinstalling
> >> 7.2. A waste of time. Running the iPod system reset .EXE is also
> >> useless.
> >>
> >> After struggling with downloads and more errors, I jumped into Help
> >> Diagnostics in iTunes. It clued me in to 2 issues. (1) not running
> >> iTunes
> >> as an administrator and (2) iTunes services not running.
> >>
> >> I Went to my Vista Control Panel and got into Services. Stopped and
> >> restarted iTunes Services. Next, I went to Explorer and found iTunes.EXE
> >> under iTunes in Program Files. Right Click on iTunes.EXE and run it as
> >> Administrator. Worked like a charm.
> >>
> >> I see from other posts that Vista RTM resolves this problem, too.
> >>
> >> Best of luck to you and Happy New Year! -Ken M-

=?Utf-8?B?S2VuIE0u?=

Re: Successful Fix For iTunes Error(s) in Vista RC2
Yes, under Administrative Tools. Services will be one of many options.

When you see the iTunes service, it will probably show in a "started" mode
with a manual start option. Even if the service displays as started, you
will still need to stop and restart.

Ken M.

"Tony" wrote:

> Thanks James.
>
> "James" wrote:
>
> > Probably under Administrative Tools.
> >
> > "Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > good points. I could not find SERVICES under CONTROL PANEL. Could it have
> > > different name? I use RC1 build 5600.

=?Utf-8?B?SmVhbi1DaHJpc3RvcGhl?=

Re: Successful Fix For iTunes Error(s) in Vista RC2
Also potentialy helpfull to know in the iTunes/Vista scenario, Bitdefender
Beta 3 for Vista stops iTunes from working (crashes at opening).

Regards,

jc