Need help - Media Center - TV tuner card

Krisztian M.

Need help - Media Center - TV tuner card
Hi everyone,

Please help me I installed my copy of Vista and set up Media Center.
After it I bought a TV tuner card ("Pinnacle PCTV 110i Capture Device") and
with about 20-25min work I managed to install it's driver. After it Media
Center successfully recognized the tuner card so I tried to search for
analog services. It found about 55 so I went to the live TV feature. The
problem now comes I hear the voice of the TV service, but I see a black
blank screen instead of the picture (and after a short time it shows me an
error with title: "loss of singal"), but in Windows Live Messenger I can see
perfectly my TV tuner's picture as a webcam. I tried to use the Live TV
function after killing msnmsgr.exe but it still doesn't show a picture. I
attached a print screen about the problem. Please help me if you have any
ideas what should I do.

Here is the link for the print screen:
http://www.lauder.hu/~milanovicsk/me...er-tvtuner.jpg

Thank you very much for any kind of help,
Krisztian Milanovics
y0rk@freestart.hu

JW

Re: Need help - Media Center - TV tuner card
Are these the drivers you installed?

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSit...Name=PCTV+110i

What MCE compatible DVD/MPEG2 decoder do you have installed as required and
stated in the driver instructions?

If you don't have an MCE compatible decoder you can try the 30 day free
trial of the NVIDIA Decoder from their Website.
"Krisztian M." <y0rk@freestart.hu> wrote in message
> Hi everyone,
>
> Please help me I installed my copy of Vista and set up Media Center.
> After it I bought a TV tuner card ("Pinnacle PCTV 110i Capture Device")
> and
> with about 20-25min work I managed to install it's driver. After it Media
> Center successfully recognized the tuner card so I tried to search for
> analog services. It found about 55 so I went to the live TV feature. The
> problem now comes I hear the voice of the TV service, but I see a black
> blank screen instead of the picture (and after a short time it shows me an
> error with title: "loss of singal"), but in Windows Live Messenger I can
> see
> perfectly my TV tuner's picture as a webcam. I tried to use the Live TV
> function after killing msnmsgr.exe but it still doesn't show a picture. I
> attached a print screen about the problem. Please help me if you have any
> ideas what should I do.
>
> Here is the link for the print screen:
> http://www.lauder.hu/~milanovicsk/me...er-tvtuner.jpg
>
> Thank you very much for any kind of help,
> Krisztian Milanovics
> y0rk@freestart.hu

Peter M

Re: Need help - Media Center - TV tuner card
The real problem is although they claim MCE support, the card is a "software
only mpeg encoder' which means it can work in MCE with it's own software
program but it won't work with MCE.

"Krisztian M." <y0rk@freestart.hu> wrote in message
> Hi everyone,
>
> Please help me I installed my copy of Vista and set up Media Center.
> After it I bought a TV tuner card ("Pinnacle PCTV 110i Capture Device")
> and
> with about 20-25min work I managed to install it's driver. After it Media
> Center successfully recognized the tuner card so I tried to search for
> analog services. It found about 55 so I went to the live TV feature. The
> problem now comes I hear the voice of the TV service, but I see a black
> blank screen instead of the picture (and after a short time it shows me an
> error with title: "loss of singal"), but in Windows Live Messenger I can
> see
> perfectly my TV tuner's picture as a webcam. I tried to use the Live TV
> function after killing msnmsgr.exe but it still doesn't show a picture. I
> attached a print screen about the problem. Please help me if you have any
> ideas what should I do.
>
> Here is the link for the print screen:
> http://www.lauder.hu/~milanovicsk/me...er-tvtuner.jpg
>
> Thank you very much for any kind of help,
> Krisztian Milanovics
> y0rk@freestart.hu

Krisztian M.

Re: Need help - Media Center - TV tuner card
I use the driver I downloaded from the Windows Update system. I tried to
install the driver you showed me, but it cancells the wizard at the end with
no errors I installed Nvidia purevideo decoder but unfortunately it
didn't solve the problem The other thing I tried to install was a driver
pack but it didn't help either.

Krisztian

"JW" <nospam@no.spam> wrote in message
> Are these the drivers you installed?
>
> http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSit...Name=PCTV+110i
>
> What MCE compatible DVD/MPEG2 decoder do you have installed as required
> and stated in the driver instructions?
>
> If you don't have an MCE compatible decoder you can try the 30 day free
> trial of the NVIDIA Decoder from their Website.
> "Krisztian M." <y0rk@freestart.hu> wrote in message
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Please help me I installed my copy of Vista and set up Media Center.
>> After it I bought a TV tuner card ("Pinnacle PCTV 110i Capture Device")
>> and
>> with about 20-25min work I managed to install it's driver. After it Media
>> Center successfully recognized the tuner card so I tried to search for
>> analog services. It found about 55 so I went to the live TV feature. The
>> problem now comes I hear the voice of the TV service, but I see a
>> black
>> blank screen instead of the picture (and after a short time it shows me
>> an
>> error with title: "loss of singal"), but in Windows Live Messenger I can
>> see
>> perfectly my TV tuner's picture as a webcam. I tried to use the Live TV
>> function after killing msnmsgr.exe but it still doesn't show a picture. I
>> attached a print screen about the problem. Please help me if you have any
>> ideas what should I do.
>>
>> Here is the link for the print screen:
>> http://www.lauder.hu/~milanovicsk/me...er-tvtuner.jpg
>>
>> Thank you very much for any kind of help,
>> Krisztian Milanovics
>> y0rk@freestart.hu

JW

Re: Need help - Media Center - TV tuner card
AFAIK the Pinnalce software encoder works fine with MCE 2005 just like the
ATI software encoder for their AIW cards works fine in MCE 2005 since MC has
no idea where the encoding is being done since it only talks to the Vendor
supplied driver and not directly to the card itself.
I think the problem here is that Pinnacle has not updated their software
MCE2005 encoder to work under Vista MC and most likely never will.