Inspiron 6000 w/ external LCD TV

Phil

Inspiron 6000 w/ external LCD TV
I have an Inspiron 6000 with the integrated Intel GMA 900 video controller,
and I just purchased a Samsung 32" LCD TV to use with Media Center (I'm
running Vista Home Premium). The video signal from the Inspiron 6000 is
being sent to the LCD TV via s-video. The problem that I am having is
getting the Inspiron to offer 16:9 resolution options on the LCD TV.
Ideally, I would like to have the external LCD running at 1366 x 768, but
the only options I have are for 640 x 480, 800 x 600, and 1024 x 768. The TV
supports this resolution, as well as the GMA 900, if what I have read is
correct.

Thanks.

-phil

mikeyhsd

Re: Inspiron 6000 w/ external LCD TV
unless you control program allows you to select separate resolution for both monitors you are out of luck.
unless.
you set the lcd for the resolution you wish to have on the LCD, then it should appear on both.

for my ATI card its called Catalyst Control Center. you should have something similar.

mikeyhsd@sport.rr.com

"mikeyhsd" <mikeyhsd@sport.rr.com> wrote in message news:eFPUu7CKHHA.2028@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
[...]

I got some excellent advice from the Dell newsgroup and found a solution. Instead of using s-video, I hooked-up the pc and tv via VGA cable. Now, I can set the external LCD to 1366 x 768. A happy camper, I am.

Thanks.

-phil
mikeyhsd

Re: Inspiron 6000 w/ external LCD TV