Photo Gallery - No Picture displayed

Hi,

When I double-click a picture in Photo Gallery it changes as though it's
going to show the large picture, but all I get is a blank screen, the Vista
hourglass and sometimes a message saying the picture can't be displayed. If
I start a slideshow or choose to open in paint, it's fine.
Pictures work in Media Center as well.
30GB spare on all drives a 1.5GB of memory, so the error message definitely
isn't right.

Seems I'm not alone
http://help.lockergnome.com/vista/Ph...pict19930.html, but
this is the only other reference to this error I can find.

RTM, btw.

ANy suggestions?

=?Utf-8?B?VGlt?=

RE: Photo Gallery - No Picture displayed
I have the exact same issue. It was working fine a few days ago. The only
thing I can think of is that I installed newer nVidia drivers but I don't
think that should have anything to do with it. I'll let you know if I find
out anything.

"gary@noconsequence.com" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I double-click a picture in Photo Gallery it changes as though it's
> going to show the large picture, but all I get is a blank screen, the Vista
> hourglass and sometimes a message saying the picture can't be displayed. If
> I start a slideshow or choose to open in paint, it's fine.
> Pictures work in Media Center as well.
> 30GB spare on all drives a 1.5GB of memory, so the error message definitely
> isn't right.
>
> Seems I'm not alone
> http://help.lockergnome.com/vista/Ph...pict19930.html, but
> this is the only other reference to this error I can find.
>
> RTM, btw.
>
> ANy suggestions?

Re: Photo Gallery - No Picture displayed
No idea why, but mine has suddenly started working again...

"Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have the exact same issue. It was working fine a few days ago. The only
> thing I can think of is that I installed newer nVidia drivers but I don't
> think that should have anything to do with it. I'll let you know if I
> find
> out anything.
>
> "gary@noconsequence.com" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> When I double-click a picture in Photo Gallery it changes as though it's
>> going to show the large picture, but all I get is a blank screen, the
>> Vista
>> hourglass and sometimes a message saying the picture can't be displayed.
>> If
>> I start a slideshow or choose to open in paint, it's fine.
>> Pictures work in Media Center as well.
>> 30GB spare on all drives a 1.5GB of memory, so the error message
>> definitely
>> isn't right.
>>
>> Seems I'm not alone
>> http://help.lockergnome.com/vista/Ph...pict19930.html,
>> but
>> this is the only other reference to this error I can find.
>>
>> RTM, btw.
>>
>> ANy suggestions?

=?Utf-8?B?WC1yYXl0ZWNo?=

RE: Photo Gallery - No Picture displayed
Happend to me too.

In Photo Gallery, I'd double click an image and I'd get a blank screen. Then
I'd press the Slide Show Button on the Media Controls then I'd see the image.

Well something to wait for when SP1 comes out.

"gary@noconsequence.com" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I double-click a picture in Photo Gallery it changes as though it's
> going to show the large picture, but all I get is a blank screen, the Vista
> hourglass and sometimes a message saying the picture can't be displayed. If
> I start a slideshow or choose to open in paint, it's fine.
> Pictures work in Media Center as well.
> 30GB spare on all drives a 1.5GB of memory, so the error message definitely
> isn't right.
>
> Seems I'm not alone
> http://help.lockergnome.com/vista/Ph...pict19930.html, but
> this is the only other reference to this error I can find.
>
> RTM, btw.
>
> ANy suggestions?

=?Utf-8?B?WC1yYXl0ZWNo?=

RE: Photo Gallery - No Picture displayed
okay...

now it's working

"gary@noconsequence.com" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I double-click a picture in Photo Gallery it changes as though it's
> going to show the large picture, but all I get is a blank screen, the Vista
> hourglass and sometimes a message saying the picture can't be displayed. If
> I start a slideshow or choose to open in paint, it's fine.
> Pictures work in Media Center as well.
> 30GB spare on all drives a 1.5GB of memory, so the error message definitely
> isn't right.
>
> Seems I'm not alone
> http://help.lockergnome.com/vista/Ph...pict19930.html, but
> this is the only other reference to this error I can find.
>
> RTM, btw.
>
> ANy suggestions?

=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bEM=?=

"X-raytech" wrote:

> okay...
>
> now it's working
>
> "gary@noconsequence.com" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > When I double-click a picture in Photo Gallery it changes as though it's
> > going to show the large picture, but all I get is a blank screen, the Vista
> > hourglass and sometimes a message saying the picture can't be displayed. If
> > I start a slideshow or choose to open in paint, it's fine.
> > Pictures work in Media Center as well.
> > 30GB spare on all drives a 1.5GB of memory, so the error message definitely
> > isn't right.
> >
> > Seems I'm not alone
> > http://help.lockergnome.com/vista/Ph...pict19930.html, but
> > this is the only other reference to this error I can find.
> >
> > RTM, btw.
> >
> > ANy suggestions?

=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bEM=?=

"Tim" wrote:

> I have the exact same issue. It was working fine a few days ago. The only
> thing I can think of is that I installed newer nVidia drivers but I don't
> think that should have anything to do with it. I'll let you know if I find
> out anything.
>
> "gary@noconsequence.com" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > When I double-click a picture in Photo Gallery it changes as though it's
> > going to show the large picture, but all I get is a blank screen, the Vista
> > hourglass and sometimes a message saying the picture can't be displayed. If
> > I start a slideshow or choose to open in paint, it's fine.
> > Pictures work in Media Center as well.
> > 30GB spare on all drives a 1.5GB of memory, so the error message definitely
> > isn't right.
> >
> > Seems I'm not alone
> > http://help.lockergnome.com/vista/Ph...pict19930.html, but
> > this is the only other reference to this error I can find.
> >
> > RTM, btw.
> >
> > ANy suggestions?

Hi

I am yet another victim!

strange that it is only happening on my user account within vista all other
users are fine

hope someone has got a solution
Mart

"PaulC" <PaulC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "Tim" wrote:
>
>> I have the exact same issue. It was working fine a few days ago. The
>> only
>> thing I can think of is that I installed newer nVidia drivers but I don't
>> think that should have anything to do with it. I'll let you know if I
>> find
>> out anything.

Same problem here. The issue did start with installing nvidia drivers for
me. The builtin drivers did not have this problem.

DRBE

RE: Photo Gallery - No Picture displayed
Has anyone found a solution to this yet? I have the same problem, which is
very frustrating since my old PC on XP previewed fine.
thanks in advance

"gary@noconsequence.com" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I double-click a picture in Photo Gallery it changes as though it's
> going to show the large picture, but all I get is a blank screen, the Vista
> hourglass and sometimes a message saying the picture can't be displayed. If
> I start a slideshow or choose to open in paint, it's fine.
> Pictures work in Media Center as well.
> 30GB spare on all drives a 1.5GB of memory, so the error message definitely
> isn't right.
>
> Seems I'm not alone
> http://help.lockergnome.com/vista/Ph...pict19930.html, but
> this is the only other reference to this error I can find.
>
> RTM, btw.
>
> ANy suggestions?

Arne

Re: Photo Gallery - No Picture displayed
I'm also awaiting a solution to this issue, I've heard some rumours that the
error is related to NVidia drivers, anyone knows anything about this?

rgds,

Arne Madsen