RE: No Sound. Cannot access file

=?Utf-8?B?bWNwMTEx?=

RE: No Sound. Cannot access file
Try getting an updated driver for your sound card which is compatible with
Vista. Also try installing the latest Vista version.

"Pete" wrote:

> I am beginning to think no one knows how to fix this...
>
> I have searched for 2 days now...and no solution can be found.
>

> "Pete" wrote:
>
> > I have this EXACT same problem!!!! (EXACT!)
> >
> > I've been searching for 2 days now...let me know if you find anything at
> > all...I'll do the same if you reply to this posting.
> >
> > Pete
> >

> > "chintuk" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > > I installed Vista RC1 , build 5600. When I try to play any mp3's in windows
> > > media player, I get this error..
> > > "Windows Media Player cannot access the file. The file might be in use, you
> > > might not have access to the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy
> > > settings might not be correct". I can play video files , but there is no
> > > audio. I have SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio onboard sound card. I have
> > > tried changing the permissions on some of the mp3s(full controll to all
> > > users), but still the same. I have tried playing using other players like
> > > foobar,real,iTunes....but none of them work. I do not see any problems in the
> > > Device Manager and also do not see any errors in the Event Viewer.
> > > Please advise.
> > > Thanks in advance.

=?Utf-8?B?RGFkdQ==?=

No Sound on my Pc too but I solve it...somehow...
Hi. I have Vista Ultimate and also SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio onboard.
The same problem. The driver is up to date (Vista checked online), after
restarting I can play the mp3s but after pausing Winamp or opening Windows
Media Player or another application the sound turn off. I found a way to
restore it without rebooting. Here is how: Control Pannel, Hardware and
Sound, Sound, right click on Speakers and then Propreties, Advanced tab,
choose a preset then click Test. After some moments it says that another
application is using the sound....choose to terminate that application and
the sound come back. Till when? Till the next time it wants to go out... I
wonder if this audio bug can be fixed....