Zune is Vista x64 Ready

Reyede

Zune is Vista x64 Ready
Downloaded from here http://www.zune.net/en-us/meetzune/software.htm.
Installed over the top of my "hacked" installation, no problem.

Reyede

=?Utf-8?B?SmVzc2UgQw==?=

RE: Zune is Vista x64 Ready
Installed the updated Zune software on my Vista Ultimate x64 machine, and it
was going great. However, I tried to redownload the files I had downloaded
on my XP machine using a feature under rights management. Boy was that a
mistake. Now I can stream music from the Zune marketplace, but if I download
it then it will not play because of a DRM problem.

I already spoke to Zune support and I thought it was fixed, but I'm still
having the problem. This is really annoying, apparently there appears to be
a problem with transferring rights from an XP machine.

Zune support had me try to repair DRM in Vista but it didn't seem to work.
Guess I'll have to call them back in the morning.

"Reyede" wrote:

> Downloaded from here http://www.zune.net/en-us/meetzune/software.htm.
> Installed over the top of my "hacked" installation, no problem.
>
> Reyede

=?Utf-8?B?THVnaCBMYW1maGFkYQ==?=

RE: Zune is Vista x64 Ready
Any idea on how to get it to work on XP x64? Will the Vista version work on
x64? I find it incredibly annoying that Microsoft doesn't support its own OS
with Zune software.

"Jesse C" wrote:

> Installed the updated Zune software on my Vista Ultimate x64 machine, and it
> was going great. However, I tried to redownload the files I had downloaded
> on my XP machine using a feature under rights management. Boy was that a
> mistake. Now I can stream music from the Zune marketplace, but if I download
> it then it will not play because of a DRM problem.
>
> I already spoke to Zune support and I thought it was fixed, but I'm still
> having the problem. This is really annoying, apparently there appears to be
> a problem with transferring rights from an XP machine.
>
> Zune support had me try to repair DRM in Vista but it didn't seem to work.
> Guess I'll have to call them back in the morning.
>
> "Reyede" wrote:
>
> > Downloaded from here http://www.zune.net/en-us/meetzune/software.htm.
> > Installed over the top of my "hacked" installation, no problem.
> >
> > Reyede

Dale

Re: Zune is Vista x64 Ready
Give them a chance! Vista isn't even generally available yet. While I
cannot say it didn't happen, if the Zune team had more access to Vista code
than, for instance, Apple's iPod team, Microsoft would probably have been
sued.

Whether or not they had more access, the Zune team still could not begin
their final testing and debugging, and lock down their own code for release,
until Vista code was locked down when it was released to manufacturing.

The support will come. Be patient.

Dale

"Lugh Lamfhada" <Lugh Lamfhada@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Any idea on how to get it to work on XP x64? Will the Vista version work
> on
> x64? I find it incredibly annoying that Microsoft doesn't support its own
> OS
> with Zune software.
>
> "Jesse C" wrote:
>
>> Installed the updated Zune software on my Vista Ultimate x64 machine, and
>> it
>> was going great. However, I tried to redownload the files I had
>> downloaded
>> on my XP machine using a feature under rights management. Boy was that a
>> mistake. Now I can stream music from the Zune marketplace, but if I
>> download
>> it then it will not play because of a DRM problem.
>>
>> I already spoke to Zune support and I thought it was fixed, but I'm still
>> having the problem. This is really annoying, apparently there appears to
>> be
>> a problem with transferring rights from an XP machine.
>>
>> Zune support had me try to repair DRM in Vista but it didn't seem to
>> work.
>> Guess I'll have to call them back in the morning.
>>
>> "Reyede" wrote:
>>
>> > Downloaded from here http://www.zune.net/en-us/meetzune/software.htm.
>> > Installed over the top of my "hacked" installation, no problem.
>> >
>> > Reyede

Reyede

Re: Zune is Vista x64 Ready
If it were me, I would get my hands on a Vista x64 Zune install directory,
register the .dlls and maybe run in compatibly mode. If all you can find is
an XP directory you will need to "decorate" the .inf.

Reyede

"Lugh Lamfhada" <Lugh Lamfhada@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Any idea on how to get it to work on XP x64? Will the Vista version work
> on
> x64? I find it incredibly annoying that Microsoft doesn't support its own
> OS
> with Zune software.
>
> "Jesse C" wrote:
>
>> Installed the updated Zune software on my Vista Ultimate x64 machine, and
>> it
>> was going great. However, I tried to redownload the files I had
>> downloaded
>> on my XP machine using a feature under rights management. Boy was that a
>> mistake. Now I can stream music from the Zune marketplace, but if I
>> download
>> it then it will not play because of a DRM problem.
>>
>> I already spoke to Zune support and I thought it was fixed, but I'm still
>> having the problem. This is really annoying, apparently there appears to
>> be
>> a problem with transferring rights from an XP machine.
>>
>> Zune support had me try to repair DRM in Vista but it didn't seem to
>> work.
>> Guess I'll have to call them back in the morning.
>>
>> "Reyede" wrote:
>>
>> > Downloaded from here http://www.zune.net/en-us/meetzune/software.htm.
>> > Installed over the top of my "hacked" installation, no problem.
>> >
>> > Reyede

=?Utf-8?B?THVnaCBMYW1maGFkYQ==?=

Re: Zune is Vista x64 Ready
The thing is, I'm not running Vista, I'm running XP x64, which, I'm told, is
basically windows server 2003. I'm hoping that they will release a version of
the Zune software that is compatible with XP x64. Will the Vista version be
compatible with XP x64 or are they two totally different OS's?

"Dale" wrote:

> Give them a chance! Vista isn't even generally available yet. While I
> cannot say it didn't happen, if the Zune team had more access to Vista code
> than, for instance, Apple's iPod team, Microsoft would probably have been
> sued.
>
> Whether or not they had more access, the Zune team still could not begin
> their final testing and debugging, and lock down their own code for release,
> until Vista code was locked down when it was released to manufacturing.
>
> The support will come. Be patient.
>
> Dale
>
> "Lugh Lamfhada" <Lugh Lamfhada@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Any idea on how to get it to work on XP x64? Will the Vista version work
> > on
> > x64? I find it incredibly annoying that Microsoft doesn't support its own
> > OS
> > with Zune software.
> >
> > "Jesse C" wrote:
> >
> >> Installed the updated Zune software on my Vista Ultimate x64 machine, and
> >> it
> >> was going great. However, I tried to redownload the files I had
> >> downloaded
> >> on my XP machine using a feature under rights management. Boy was that a
> >> mistake. Now I can stream music from the Zune marketplace, but if I
> >> download
> >> it then it will not play because of a DRM problem.
> >>
> >> I already spoke to Zune support and I thought it was fixed, but I'm still
> >> having the problem. This is really annoying, apparently there appears to
> >> be
> >> a problem with transferring rights from an XP machine.
> >>
> >> Zune support had me try to repair DRM in Vista but it didn't seem to
> >> work.
> >> Guess I'll have to call them back in the morning.

Dale

Re: Zune is Vista x64 Ready
Ohhhhhh. Gotcha. I don't have a definitive answer; I am sorry.

> The thing is, I'm not running Vista, I'm running XP x64, which, I'm told,
> is
> basically windows server 2003. I'm hoping that they will release a version
> of
> the Zune software that is compatible with XP x64. Will the Vista version
> be
> compatible with XP x64 or are they two totally different OS's?
>
> "Dale" wrote:
>
>> Give them a chance! Vista isn't even generally available yet. While I
>> cannot say it didn't happen, if the Zune team had more access to Vista
>> code
>> than, for instance, Apple's iPod team, Microsoft would probably have been
>> sued.
>>
>> Whether or not they had more access, the Zune team still could not begin
>> their final testing and debugging, and lock down their own code for
>> release,
>> until Vista code was locked down when it was released to manufacturing.
>>
>> The support will come. Be patient.
>>
>> Dale
>>
>> "Lugh Lamfhada" <Lugh Lamfhada@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > Any idea on how to get it to work on XP x64? Will the Vista version
>> > work
>> > on
>> > x64? I find it incredibly annoying that Microsoft doesn't support its
>> > own
>> > OS
>> > with Zune software.

=?Utf-8?B?SmVzc2UgQw==?=

RE: Zune is Vista x64 Ready
Finally determined that this was caused by the Sigmatel Audio drivers Dell is
providing for my laptop. When I restore to just before I installed them it
still works.