Media Player 11

Andy Tang

Media Player 11
Hi therer,

Did anyone encountered this problem? Player close but sounds still on...
And also, I wonder when the player is playing media files, my
card reader light keep blinking... had anyone have this issue also?

Andy Tang
PapaJohn

Re: Media Player 11
I encountered the playing of audio only, and not seeing the player or the
video... it happened when I opened a video file by double-clicking on it
from a file manager.

I had the Media Center and Movie Maker open at the time... no matter what
file manager I used, it happened... also happened when I save a movie in
Movie Maker and opted to view it after saving.

besides not seeing the player, the Task Manager list of open apps didn't
include WMP.... all file associations are to WMP and it's a clean system
(RFM version).

Rebooting resolved it.

PapaJohn

"Andy Tang" <andy_tang_ys@msn.com> wrote in message
> Hi therer,
>
> Did anyone encountered this problem? Player close but sounds still on...
> And also, I wonder when the player is playing media files, my
> card reader light keep blinking... had anyone have this issue also?
>
> Andy Tang

PapaJohn

Re: Media Player 11
I tried to find in Vista's help info how to file a report on the subject...
but could only find info about responding to an error message, and there was
no error message.

PapaJohn

"PapaJohn" <papajohn@chartermi.net> wrote in message
>I encountered the playing of audio only, and not seeing the player or the
>video... it happened when I opened a video file by double-clicking on it
>from a file manager.
>
> I had the Media Center and Movie Maker open at the time... no matter what
> file manager I used, it happened... also happened when I save a movie in
> Movie Maker and opted to view it after saving.
>
> besides not seeing the player, the Task Manager list of open apps didn't
> include WMP.... all file associations are to WMP and it's a clean system
> (RFM version).
>
> Rebooting resolved it.
> --
> website references are to www.papajohn.org
>
> PapaJohn
>
> "Andy Tang" <andy_tang_ys@msn.com> wrote in message
>> Hi therer,
>>
>> Did anyone encountered this problem? Player close but sounds still on...
>> And also, I wonder when the player is playing media files, my
>> card reader light keep blinking... had anyone have this issue also?
>>
>> Andy Tang

Jeff

Re: Media Player 11
Yes,
Bugged it before RTM,
still here

Jeff

"Andy Tang" <andy_tang_ys@msn.com> wrote in message
> Hi therer,
>
> Did anyone encountered this problem? Player close but sounds still on...
> And also, I wonder when the player is playing media files, my
> card reader light keep blinking... had anyone have this issue also?
>
> Andy Tang

Dale

Re: Media Player 11
There does not appear to be a way to report bugs to the Windows Media Player
product team. According to a Micosoft employee who used to post in the
Windows Media Player newsgroups (but left because the heat about WMP 11 got
too hot for him), based on the number of bugs being reported to the Windows
Media Player product team, there are almost no bugs in WMP 11.

Maybe that's why the Windows Media Player product team has no mechanism in
place for reporting bugs - there just are no bugs to report!

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...0-a8892f05e1e0

Dale

>I tried to find in Vista's help info how to file a report on the subject...
>but could only find info about responding to an error message, and there
>was no error message.
> --
> website references are to www.papajohn.org
>
> PapaJohn
>
> "PapaJohn" <papajohn@chartermi.net> wrote in message
>>I encountered the playing of audio only, and not seeing the player or the
>>video... it happened when I opened a video file by double-clicking on it
>>from a file manager.
>>
>> I had the Media Center and Movie Maker open at the time... no matter what
>> file manager I used, it happened... also happened when I save a movie in
>> Movie Maker and opted to view it after saving.
>>
>> besides not seeing the player, the Task Manager list of open apps didn't
>> include WMP.... all file associations are to WMP and it's a clean system
>> (RFM version).
>>
>> Rebooting resolved it.
>> --
>> website references are to www.papajohn.org
>>
>> PapaJohn
>>
>> "Andy Tang" <andy_tang_ys@msn.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi therer,
>>>
>>> Did anyone encountered this problem? Player close but sounds still on...
>>> And also, I wonder when the player is playing media files, my
>>> card reader light keep blinking... had anyone have this issue also?
>>>
>>> Andy Tang

PapaJohn

Re: Media Player 11
Good link... thanks...

As the new Time 'person of the year', YOU can take care of YOURSELF...

Another item in the YOU arena, I was on YouTube this morning and decided to
give my first feedback, using the link on my personal playlists page that
invites you to... 'Help Improve YouTube - Take the YouTube Video Editing
Survey'...

clicking on the link gets

"This survey is now closed. Thank you for your interest!
YouTube"

PapaJohn

"Dale" <noemailplease@noserver.com> wrote in message
> There does not appear to be a way to report bugs to the Windows Media
> Player product team. According to a Micosoft employee who used to post in
> the Windows Media Player newsgroups (but left because the heat about WMP
> 11 got too hot for him), based on the number of bugs being reported to the
> Windows Media Player product team, there are almost no bugs in WMP 11.
>
> Maybe that's why the Windows Media Player product team has no mechanism in
> place for reporting bugs - there just are no bugs to report!
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...0-a8892f05e1e0
>
> Dale
>
> "PapaJohn" <papajohn@chartermi.net> wrote in message
>>I tried to find in Vista's help info how to file a report on the
>>subject... but could only find info about responding to an error message,
>>and there was no error message.
>> --
>> website references are to www.papajohn.org
>>
>> PapaJohn
>>
>> "PapaJohn" <papajohn@chartermi.net> wrote in message
>>>I encountered the playing of audio only, and not seeing the player or the
>>>video... it happened when I opened a video file by double-clicking on it
>>>from a file manager.
>>>
>>> I had the Media Center and Movie Maker open at the time... no matter
>>> what file manager I used, it happened... also happened when I save a
>>> movie in Movie Maker and opted to view it after saving.
>>>
>>> besides not seeing the player, the Task Manager list of open apps didn't
>>> include WMP.... all file associations are to WMP and it's a clean system
>>> (RFM version).
>>>
>>> Rebooting resolved it.
>>> --
>>> website references are to www.papajohn.org
>>>
>>> PapaJohn

=?Utf-8?B?Ymx1ZWV5?=

Re: Media Player 11
The other problem I've been having is AVI files play as audio only - no
video. I checked out the codec sites on MS . They seem to think its supported
(AVI). Anyone has any idea what and how to rectify this. Seemed a lot easier
to use Media player previously before vista?

"Jeff" wrote:

> Yes,
> Bugged it before RTM,
> still here
>
> Jeff
>
> "Andy Tang" <andy_tang_ys@msn.com> wrote in message
> > Hi therer,
> >
> > Did anyone encountered this problem? Player close but sounds still on...
> > And also, I wonder when the player is playing media files, my
> > card reader light keep blinking... had anyone have this issue also?
> >
> > Andy Tang

Steve Urbach

Re: Media Player 11
On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 01:19:01 -0800, blueey
<blueey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>The other problem I've been having is AVI files play as audio only - no
>video. I checked out the codec sites on MS . They seem to think its supported
>(AVI). Anyone has any idea what and how to rectify this. Seemed a lot easier
>to use Media player previously before vista?

It might be a Xvid encoded avi.
You can't get that codec from Microsoft.

Google is your friend (hint)
The Xvid codec works fine with WMP in Vista.