Adding media to the wmp library?

=?Utf-8?B?amF5IGJvYg==?=

Adding media to the wmp library?
For some strange reason windows media player running in vista refuses to
detect any media within my user folders (music, video, pictures). All of
those folders are specifically marked as monitored folders, but there is no
media in my library. I backed up all this media on a second partition on my
hard drive and then simply copied it all in to the respective folders. Any
ideas...?
=?Utf-8?B?amVsemk=?=

RE: Adding media to the wmp library?
i´ve the same problem.
wmp11 works very fine with windows xp. but not on vista.

"jay bob" wrote:

> For some strange reason windows media player running in vista refuses to
> detect any media within my user folders (music, video, pictures). All of
> those folders are specifically marked as monitored folders, but there is no
> media in my library. I backed up all this media on a second partition on my
> hard drive and then simply copied it all in to the respective folders. Any
> ideas...?

=?Utf-8?B?amF5IGJvYg==?=

RE: Adding media to the wmp library?
I found a solution for anyone experiencing this problem. When you first
install vista you need to create 2 user accounts. After logging into one
account for the first time open up wmp11 and try to compile a library. It
won't be able to. Now log into the second account and try to compile a
library and it will work for the second account. Simply make the second
account an admin account and don't use the first account. That's the only
solution I've been able to find and it's worked well for two vista installs.
Good luck.

"jelzi" wrote:

> i´ve the same problem.
> wmp11 works very fine with windows xp. but not on vista.
>
> "jay bob" wrote:
>
> > For some strange reason windows media player running in vista refuses to
> > detect any media within my user folders (music, video, pictures). All of
> > those folders are specifically marked as monitored folders, but there is no
> > media in my library. I backed up all this media on a second partition on my
> > hard drive and then simply copied it all in to the respective folders. Any
> > ideas...?

=?Utf-8?B?amVsemk=?=

RE: Adding media to the wmp library?
an easier solution is to delete the library.
when you start wmp next time the lbirary will be created again and
monitoring works now..

"jay bob" wrote:

> I found a solution for anyone experiencing this problem. When you first
> install vista you need to create 2 user accounts. After logging into one
> account for the first time open up wmp11 and try to compile a library. It
> won't be able to. Now log into the second account and try to compile a
> library and it will work for the second account. Simply make the second
> account an admin account and don't use the first account. That's the only
> solution I've been able to find and it's worked well for two vista installs.
> Good luck.
>
> "jelzi" wrote:
>
> > i´ve the same problem.
> > wmp11 works very fine with windows xp. but not on vista.
> >
> > "jay bob" wrote:
> >
> > > For some strange reason windows media player running in vista refuses to
> > > detect any media within my user folders (music, video, pictures). All of
> > > those folders are specifically marked as monitored folders, but there is no
> > > media in my library. I backed up all this media on a second partition on my
> > > hard drive and then simply copied it all in to the respective folders. Any
> > > ideas...?

=?Utf-8?B?TW9oaWNhbjgz?=

RE: Adding media to the wmp library?
Rename the Media Player folder instead. I've had the problem for weeks and I
finally renamed the media player folder to media player. I restarted WMP11,
opened the monitor dialog box and the folders were then. I then went to
apply media changes and it scanned my folders and rebuilt my library

"jelzi" wrote:

> an easier solution is to delete the library.
> when you start wmp next time the lbirary will be created again and
> monitoring works now..
>

> "jay bob" wrote:
>
> > I found a solution for anyone experiencing this problem. When you first
> > install vista you need to create 2 user accounts. After logging into one
> > account for the first time open up wmp11 and try to compile a library. It
> > won't be able to. Now log into the second account and try to compile a
> > library and it will work for the second account. Simply make the second
> > account an admin account and don't use the first account. That's the only
> > solution I've been able to find and it's worked well for two vista installs.
> > Good luck.
> >
> > "jelzi" wrote:
> >
> > > i´ve the same problem.
> > > wmp11 works very fine with windows xp. but not on vista.

Tony

Re: Adding media to the wmp library?
By renaming the media player folder in your user profile folder works.
But i am just wondering why has caused this problem?