5.1 surround tentatively working

=?Utf-8?B?U25hdGNo?=

5.1 surround tentatively working
I've got onboard AC'97 sound which i just got up and running with the most
recent drivers trying to fix my sound problems. I think i did...only problem
is that nothing plays in 5.1 surround. I get front 2 speakers and subwoofer
working, but the center and rear do nothing. I KNOW they work because both
the realtek program and vista's sound setting console can test all of the
speakers and they work. I even get the windows surround experience to work. I
figured out that it won't play in 5.1 for a stereo signal. So the problem is
that all of my music and stuff is in stereo. My question is Is there some
kind of workaround to make stereo sound play in surround? I know windows XP
had it built in because the same computer got surround with the same music.
So is there some way to play the same signal over all the speakers or am I
just stuck till CDs start coming in surround sound?
=?Utf-8?B?Qmx1ZUZpc2g=?=

RE: 5.1 surround tentatively working
I am experiencing the same problem. Please let me know if you've found a
solution.

Thanks for your help.

"Snatch" wrote:

> I've got onboard AC'97 sound which i just got up and running with the most
> recent drivers trying to fix my sound problems. I think i did...only problem
> is that nothing plays in 5.1 surround. I get front 2 speakers and subwoofer
> working, but the center and rear do nothing. I KNOW they work because both
> the realtek program and vista's sound setting console can test all of the
> speakers and they work. I even get the windows surround experience to work. I
> figured out that it won't play in 5.1 for a stereo signal. So the problem is
> that all of my music and stuff is in stereo. My question is Is there some
> kind of workaround to make stereo sound play in surround? I know windows XP
> had it built in because the same computer got surround with the same music.
> So is there some way to play the same signal over all the speakers or am I
> just stuck till CDs start coming in surround sound?

=?Utf-8?B?YmVuamFjazcx?=

RE: 5.1 surround tentatively working
i had the same problem..they would work 5.1 for a dvd with nero showtime and
also mp3/audio 5.1 worked fine. the problem was that media player, win media
center,real player, a few other players it wouldnt...so i have now got audio
working 5.1 in media player..havent checked if dvd is yet...what i did was i
put a check in the box of speaker fill on the realtek device manager speaker
tab in the realtek hd manager should be able to access it off of your speaker
icon located next to your clock. i havent tested dvd to see if i have 5.1
sound with it yet but will shortly.

"BlueFish" wrote:

> I am experiencing the same problem. Please let me know if you've found a
> solution.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>

> "Snatch" wrote:
>
> > I've got onboard AC'97 sound which i just got up and running with the most
> > recent drivers trying to fix my sound problems. I think i did...only problem
> > is that nothing plays in 5.1 surround. I get front 2 speakers and subwoofer
> > working, but the center and rear do nothing. I KNOW they work because both
> > the realtek program and vista's sound setting console can test all of the
> > speakers and they work. I even get the windows surround experience to work. I
> > figured out that it won't play in 5.1 for a stereo signal. So the problem is
> > that all of my music and stuff is in stereo. My question is Is there some
> > kind of workaround to make stereo sound play in surround? I know windows XP
> > had it built in because the same computer got surround with the same music.
> > So is there some way to play the same signal over all the speakers or am I
> > just stuck till CDs start coming in surround sound?

=?Utf-8?B?RXJpZ2lvbg==?=

RE: 5.1 surround tentatively working
There is a true problem ! I just buy a new sound card (i just install Vista
too) and It's did'nt work !

"benjack71" wrote:

> i had the same problem..they would work 5.1 for a dvd with nero showtime and
> also mp3/audio 5.1 worked fine. the problem was that media player, win media
> center,real player, a few other players it wouldnt...so i have now got audio
> working 5.1 in media player..havent checked if dvd is yet...what i did was i
> put a check in the box of speaker fill on the realtek device manager speaker
> tab in the realtek hd manager should be able to access it off of your speaker
> icon located next to your clock. i havent tested dvd to see if i have 5.1
> sound with it yet but will shortly.
>
> "BlueFish" wrote:
>
> > I am experiencing the same problem. Please let me know if you've found a
> > solution.
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
> >

> > "Snatch" wrote:
> >
> > > I've got onboard AC'97 sound which i just got up and running with the most
> > > recent drivers trying to fix my sound problems. I think i did...only problem
> > > is that nothing plays in 5.1 surround. I get front 2 speakers and subwoofer
> > > working, but the center and rear do nothing. I KNOW they work because both
> > > the realtek program and vista's sound setting console can test all of the
> > > speakers and they work. I even get the windows surround experience to work. I
> > > figured out that it won't play in 5.1 for a stereo signal. So the problem is
> > > that all of my music and stuff is in stereo. My question is Is there some
> > > kind of workaround to make stereo sound play in surround? I know windows XP
> > > had it built in because the same computer got surround with the same music.
> > > So is there some way to play the same signal over all the speakers or am I
> > > just stuck till CDs start coming in surround sound?

=?Utf-8?B?U25hdGNo?=

RE: 5.1 surround tentatively working
Thank you very much. That fixed it very quickly but now I feel stupid. Oh
well 5.1 is now working.

"benjack71" wrote:

> i had the same problem..they would work 5.1 for a dvd with nero showtime and
> also mp3/audio 5.1 worked fine. the problem was that media player, win media
> center,real player, a few other players it wouldnt...so i have now got audio
> working 5.1 in media player..havent checked if dvd is yet...what i did was i
> put a check in the box of speaker fill on the realtek device manager speaker
> tab in the realtek hd manager should be able to access it off of your speaker
> icon located next to your clock. i havent tested dvd to see if i have 5.1
> sound with it yet but will shortly.
>
> "BlueFish" wrote:
>
> > I am experiencing the same problem. Please let me know if you've found a
> > solution.
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
> >

> > "Snatch" wrote:
> >
> > > I've got onboard AC'97 sound which i just got up and running with the most
> > > recent drivers trying to fix my sound problems. I think i did...only problem
> > > is that nothing plays in 5.1 surround. I get front 2 speakers and subwoofer
> > > working, but the center and rear do nothing. I KNOW they work because both
> > > the realtek program and vista's sound setting console can test all of the
> > > speakers and they work. I even get the windows surround experience to work. I
> > > figured out that it won't play in 5.1 for a stereo signal. So the problem is
> > > that all of my music and stuff is in stereo. My question is Is there some
> > > kind of workaround to make stereo sound play in surround? I know windows XP
> > > had it built in because the same computer got surround with the same music.
> > > So is there some way to play the same signal over all the speakers or am I
> > > just stuck till CDs start coming in surround sound?

mohit

Re: 5.1 surround tentatively working
what fixed it???
"Snatch" <Snatch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thank you very much. That fixed it very quickly but now I feel stupid. Oh
> well 5.1 is now working.
>
> "benjack71" wrote:
>
>> i had the same problem..they would work 5.1 for a dvd with nero showtime
>> and
>> also mp3/audio 5.1 worked fine. the problem was that media player, win
>> media
>> center,real player, a few other players it wouldnt...so i have now got
>> audio
>> working 5.1 in media player..havent checked if dvd is yet...what i did
>> was i
>> put a check in the box of speaker fill on the realtek device manager
>> speaker
>> tab in the realtek hd manager should be able to access it off of your
>> speaker
>> icon located next to your clock. i havent tested dvd to see if i have 5.1
>> sound with it yet but will shortly.
>>
>> "BlueFish" wrote:
>>
>> > I am experiencing the same problem. Please let me know if you've
>> > found a
>> > solution.
>> >
>> > Thanks for your help.

SCARECROW

"mohit" wrote:

> what fixed it???
> "Snatch" <Snatch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you very much. That fixed it very quickly but now I feel stupid. Oh
> > well 5.1 is now working.
> >
> > "benjack71" wrote:
> >
> >> i had the same problem..they would work 5.1 for a dvd with nero showtime
> >> and
> >> also mp3/audio 5.1 worked fine. the problem was that media player, win
> >> media
> >> center,real player, a few other players it wouldnt...so i have now got
> >> audio
> >> working 5.1 in media player..havent checked if dvd is yet...what i did
> >> was i
> >> put a check in the box of speaker fill on the realtek device manager
> >> speaker
> >> tab in the realtek hd manager should be able to access it off of your
> >> speaker
> >> icon located next to your clock. i havent tested dvd to see if i have 5.1
> >> sound with it yet but will shortly.

OK what you need to realize is that the "speaker fill" option DOES NOT give
you 5.1 surround, music or anything, as it was in XP. All this does is split
the crappy vista stereo into 5 channels, which is TOTALLY redundant. I wish
MS paid more attention to the audio capabilities of vista rather than the
(awesome) visuals.