MP4 Video and Vista

Tim

MP4 Video and Vista
Anyone know where I can get a codec that will play MP4 video on Vista? When
I try to play it in WMP, I get the error that there is no codec, and in
searching Microsoft's site, it appears this is by design. The funny thing
is that the WMP version for the Pocket PC plays this format fine.

Mirko D. Walter

Re: MP4 Video and Vista
ffdshow and matruska media splitter

"Tim" <twentworth@houston.rr.com> schrieb:
> Anyone know where I can get a codec that will play MP4 video on Vista?
> When I try to play it in WMP, I get the error that there is no codec, and
> in searching Microsoft's site, it appears this is by design. The funny
> thing is that the WMP version for the Pocket PC plays this format fine.

Mirko D. Walter

Re: MP4 Video and Vista
ffdshow + matruska media splitter

> Anyone know where I can get a codec that will play MP4 video on Vista?
> When I try to play it in WMP, I get the error that there is no codec, and
> in searching Microsoft's site, it appears this is by design. The funny
> thing is that the WMP version for the Pocket PC plays this format fine.

=?Utf-8?B?TmF2ZWVuIFRodW1wdWRpIFtNU0ZUXQ==?=

Re: MP4 Video and Vista
Download Zune desktop player for Windows Vista. That should playback most of
MP4 video.

Naveen Thumpudi [MS]
----
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers not rights.

"Mirko D. Walter" wrote:

> ffdshow and matruska media splitter
>
> "Tim" <twentworth@houston.rr.com> schrieb:
> > Anyone know where I can get a codec that will play MP4 video on Vista?
> > When I try to play it in WMP, I get the error that there is no codec, and
> > in searching Microsoft's site, it appears this is by design. The funny
> > thing is that the WMP version for the Pocket PC plays this format fine.

=?Utf-8?B?QXJvbWVz?=

Re: MP4 Video and Vista
The following free Multimedia soft will do the job:
Vlc (www.videolan.org/vlc/), Quicktime, old version of WMP (6.4)

"Mirko D. Walter" wrote:

> ffdshow + matruska media splitter
>
> > Anyone know where I can get a codec that will play MP4 video on Vista?
> > When I try to play it in WMP, I get the error that there is no codec, and
> > in searching Microsoft's site, it appears this is by design. The funny
> > thing is that the WMP version for the Pocket PC plays this format fine.

Alpine Wintergreen

Re: MP4 Video and Vista

<http://www.free-codecs.com/download_soft.php?d=2940&s=95>