Vista and Quicktime HD (H.264) trailers

=?Utf-8?B?R3JlZ2dQ?=

Vista and Quicktime HD (H.264) trailers
Before installing Vista RTM on one of my machines, I was running XP Pro/SP2.
With XP, it would run the HD 1080P movie trailers, which I downloaded from
Apples site, flawlessly. Installing the COREAVC codec helped to get great
performance on picture quality. But now with Vista, even with or without
COREAVC, I cannot get these HD movie trailers to play. Has anyone else had
any success playing these in Vista?
=?Utf-8?B?R2Vycnk=?=

RE: Vista and Quicktime HD (H.264) trailers
Yes, I've successfully played these HD movie trailers using QT Pro Player
Version 7.1.3 in Vista RTM x64. I do not use the COREAVC codec. Hope this
helps.

"GreggP" wrote:

> Before installing Vista RTM on one of my machines, I was running XP Pro/SP2.
> With XP, it would run the HD 1080P movie trailers, which I downloaded from
> Apples site, flawlessly. Installing the COREAVC codec helped to get great
> performance on picture quality. But now with Vista, even with or without
> COREAVC, I cannot get these HD movie trailers to play. Has anyone else had
> any success playing these in Vista?

=?Utf-8?B?R3JlZ2dQ?=

RE: Vista and Quicktime HD (H.264) trailers
I tried uninstalling COREAVC and I'm also running QuickTime Pro 7.1.3 and I
still get very poor performance. My system has an AMD64 3800+ processor with
2 GB RAM and an NVIDIA 6150 graphics chip on the motherboard. This system
worked great with XP Pro. The system requirements must be a higher with Vista
for playback of media files. Just curious, what are your system specs?