Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Zune and Vista!!!

microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-13-2006
Jeff
 

Posts: n/a
Zune and Vista!!!
Hi,
My friend just got a Zune; and didn't realize it wasn't able to work on
vista.
After a google, he found this from Paul's (.Paul O'Brien - Microsoft MVP,
Mobile Devices, MoDaCo.network Founder)
site,

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=248724&st=0


Hope ya don't mind Paul,

good luck Zunies!!!
:-)

Jeff

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-13-2006
James
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Zune and Vista!!!
There are significant problems with this approach, although I can confirm it
does "work". The graphics render strangely, the software lags/locks a lot
more than it does on XP and you can tell, generally, that it wasn't designed
with Vista in mind. Syncing performance/reliability is also significantly
reduced. But for those looking for a quick and dirty way to get up and
running on Vista with a Zune, this does work.

"Jeff" <S.Cerevisiae@duh.edu> wrote in message
news:OFkARatHHHA.2456@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> My friend just got a Zune; and didn't realize it wasn't able to work on
> vista.
> After a google, he found this from Paul's (.Paul O'Brien - Microsoft MVP,
> Mobile Devices, MoDaCo.network Founder)
> site,
>
> http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=248724&st=0
>
>
> Hope ya don't mind Paul,
>
> good luck Zunies!!!
> :-)
>
> Jeff



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-13-2006
Jeff
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Zune and Vista!!!
ok
well somethin's better than nothin I guess

Jeff

"James" <minorkeys@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:u0b1ViuHHHA.2632@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> There are significant problems with this approach, although I can confirm
> it does "work". The graphics render strangely, the software lags/locks a
> lot more than it does on XP and you can tell, generally, that it wasn't
> designed with Vista in mind. Syncing performance/reliability is also
> significantly reduced. But for those looking for a quick and dirty way to
> get up and running on Vista with a Zune, this does work.
>
> "Jeff" <S.Cerevisiae@duh.edu> wrote in message
> news:OFkARatHHHA.2456@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> Hi,
>> My friend just got a Zune; and didn't realize it wasn't able to work
>> on vista.
>> After a google, he found this from Paul's (.Paul O'Brien - Microsoft MVP,
>> Mobile Devices, MoDaCo.network Founder)
>> site,
>>
>> http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=248724&st=0
>>
>>
>> Hope ya don't mind Paul,
>>
>> good luck Zunies!!!
>> :-)
>>
>> Jeff

>
>


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-21-2006
=?Utf-8?B?TmF2ZWVuIFRodW1wdWRpIFtNU0ZUXQ==?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Zune and Vista!!!
Zune player for Windows Vista is available at http://www.zune.net.

Naveen Thumpudi [MS]
----
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers not rights.



"Jeff" wrote:

> ok
> well somethin's better than nothin I guess
>
> Jeff
>
> "James" <minorkeys@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:u0b1ViuHHHA.2632@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> > There are significant problems with this approach, although I can confirm
> > it does "work". The graphics render strangely, the software lags/locks a
> > lot more than it does on XP and you can tell, generally, that it wasn't
> > designed with Vista in mind. Syncing performance/reliability is also
> > significantly reduced. But for those looking for a quick and dirty way to
> > get up and running on Vista with a Zune, this does work.
> >
> > "Jeff" <S.Cerevisiae@duh.edu> wrote in message
> > news:OFkARatHHHA.2456@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> >> Hi,
> >> My friend just got a Zune; and didn't realize it wasn't able to work
> >> on vista.
> >> After a google, he found this from Paul's (.Paul O'Brien - Microsoft MVP,
> >> Mobile Devices, MoDaCo.network Founder)
> >> site,
> >>
> >> http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=248724&st=0
> >>
> >>
> >> Hope ya don't mind Paul,
> >>
> >> good luck Zunies!!!
> >> :-)
> >>
> >> Jeff

> >
> >

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-21-2006
Jeff
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Zune and Vista!!!
Naveen,
Thanks,
grabbed it yesterday!!
I'm a zunie now!!

Jeff

"Naveen Thumpudi [MSFT]" <NaveenThumpudiMSFT@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:AB806719-C5F2-4E4B-9394-5A912C1724B0@microsoft.com...
> Zune player for Windows Vista is available at http://www.zune.net.
>
> Naveen Thumpudi [MS]
> ----
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers not
> rights.
>
>
>
> "Jeff" wrote:
>
>> ok
>> well somethin's better than nothin I guess
>>
>> Jeff
>>
>> "James" <minorkeys@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:u0b1ViuHHHA.2632@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> > There are significant problems with this approach, although I can
>> > confirm
>> > it does "work". The graphics render strangely, the software lags/locks
>> > a
>> > lot more than it does on XP and you can tell, generally, that it wasn't
>> > designed with Vista in mind. Syncing performance/reliability is also
>> > significantly reduced. But for those looking for a quick and dirty way
>> > to
>> > get up and running on Vista with a Zune, this does work.
>> >
>> > "Jeff" <S.Cerevisiae@duh.edu> wrote in message
>> > news:OFkARatHHHA.2456@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> >> Hi,
>> >> My friend just got a Zune; and didn't realize it wasn't able to
>> >> work
>> >> on vista.
>> >> After a google, he found this from Paul's (.Paul O'Brien - Microsoft
>> >> MVP,
>> >> Mobile Devices, MoDaCo.network Founder)
>> >> site,
>> >>
>> >> http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=248724&st=0
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> Hope ya don't mind Paul,
>> >>
>> >> good luck Zunies!!!
>> >> :-)
>> >>
>> >> Jeff
>> >
>> >

>>
>>


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-22-2006
Dale
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Zune and Vista!!!

"Naveen Thumpudi [MSFT]" <NaveenThumpudiMSFT@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:AB806719-C5F2-4E4B-9394-5A912C1724B0@microsoft.com...
> Zune player for Windows Vista is available at http://www.zune.net.
>
> Naveen Thumpudi [MS]
> ----


And before the public release of Vista even. So all those who continue to
complain about what doesn't work with Vista, please remember this. Vista
support will be coming for most current Microsoft products. Just give those
product groups an opportunity.

Dale

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12-22-2006
Jeff
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Zune and Vista!!!
Is that just general commentary?

"Dale" <nospam@nospam.ever> wrote in message
news:%23wGT2tcJHHA.1816@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>
> "Naveen Thumpudi [MSFT]" <NaveenThumpudiMSFT@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message
> news:AB806719-C5F2-4E4B-9394-5A912C1724B0@microsoft.com...
>> Zune player for Windows Vista is available at http://www.zune.net.
>>
>> Naveen Thumpudi [MS]
>> ----

>
> And before the public release of Vista even. So all those who continue to
> complain about what doesn't work with Vista, please remember this. Vista
> support will be coming for most current Microsoft products. Just give
> those product groups an opportunity.
>
> Dale


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:34.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120