Tags in JPGs not updated reliably by Windows Photo Gallery

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXNLSw==?=

Tags in JPGs not updated reliably by Windows Photo Gallery
Hello all,

I like photo gallery very much, tagging is very easy and convenient.

However - at least on my system - the tags are not updated reliably in the
file properties. The tags in photo gallery look perfectly OK, however when I
check the file properties sometimes only a couple of the tags are included,
sometimes none at all. As the photos are on a network drive which is shared
by my family's computers, I would really like to have the correct tags in the
file properties and not only in the Photo Gallery database.

Some background information: the files are all in JPG format, size is 1 to 3
MB. Space for the tag (probably in the file header) is no problem, as adding
a tag manually in the property dialog always works, even for the files where
Windows Photo Gallery failed to update the tags properly. The network drive
is mapped to a drive letter on my system, I am the only one using Vista and
the only one with write access, I am using no other tagging tools.

Any ideas?

Chris

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXNLSw==?=

RE: Tags in JPGs not updated reliably by Windows Photo Gallery
I forgot to mention, this is Vista Ultimate RTM.
gary

Re: Tags in JPGs not updated reliably by Windows Photo Gallery
I've noticed that the tags of one folder are picked up from an
adjoining folder. Folder 1 is A B C. Folder 2 is D E F. I come
back later and both Folders 1 and 2 have tags A B C.

Gary

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 23:09:00 -0800, ChrisKK
<ChrisKK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>I like photo gallery very much, tagging is very easy and convenient.
>
>However - at least on my system - the tags are not updated reliably in the
>file properties. The tags in photo gallery look perfectly OK, however when I
>check the file properties sometimes only a couple of the tags are included,
>sometimes none at all. As the photos are on a network drive which is shared
>by my family's computers, I would really like to have the correct tags in the
>file properties and not only in the Photo Gallery database.
>
>Some background information: the files are all in JPG format, size is 1 to 3
>MB. Space for the tag (probably in the file header) is no problem, as adding
>a tag manually in the property dialog always works, even for the files where
>Windows Photo Gallery failed to update the tags properly. The network drive
>is mapped to a drive letter on my system, I am the only one using Vista and
>the only one with write access, I am using no other tagging tools.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Chris

MStepan is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Tags in JPGs not updated reliably by Windows Photo Gallery
Chris,

Did you ever get this resolved? If so, how? I have the same issue. WPG has all the correct tags, ratings, captions, etc, but when I look at the individual files, only SOME of them are accurate.

Thanks!

Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXNLSw==?= View Post