Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

RE: Media Player won't play WMV files

microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2006
=?Utf-8?B?b2xpdmVy?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Media Player won't play WMV files
i have the same problem

"imacken" wrote:

> Files that worked OK before RC2 just won't play in MP11. I get the following
> error:
> "Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the Sipro Lab Telecom
> ACELP.net (130) codec is not installed on your computer."
> Any ideas?

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-22-2007
=?Utf-8?B?cGlmb3U=?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Media Player won't play WMV files
I 've got the same error - searched on a few forums, and got advise to
download the missing codec. I saved it and ran it as "administrator".
Installs OK but does not solve the problem. It does not help. WM11 still
gives me the same error message.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-22-2007
zachd [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Media Player won't play WMV files

Which codec are you referring to?

--
Speaking for myself only.
See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
--

"pifou" <pifou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:712C7F4F-02B6-43E6-899E-60EFEB887E0B@microsoft.com...
>I 've got the same error - searched on a few forums, and got advise to
> download the missing codec. I saved it and ran it as "administrator".
> Installs OK but does not solve the problem. It does not help. WM11 still
> gives me the same error message.
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-22-2007
=?Utf-8?B?aW1hY2tlbg==?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Media Player won't play WMV files
See the first post in the thread.

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

>
> Which codec are you referring to?
>


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-22-2007
zachd [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Media Player won't play WMV files

Anything over three months old gets purged by my newsreader, sorry. (I had
to go back-up methods to figure out what this was about...)

So this is about the VoiceAge ACELP Sipro codec? As far as I'm aware,
VoiceAge does not currently have a Media Foundation-compatible ACELP Sipro
implementation. Without that, the content would be generally unplayable
with Windows Media Player on Vista at this time without either converting or
minor editing of the content.

(The old ACM/VfW implementation does not work within the Vista playback
scheme at this time.) I know VoiceAge was aware of this - I don't know
what where they are with their Vista support, if they're going down that
road. That'd be a good question for them.

--
Speaking for myself only.
See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
--

"imacken" <imacken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:B3E3300B-7D11-4384-971D-E9CEC0D4C5B3@microsoft.com...
> See the first post in the thread.
>
> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>>
>> Which codec are you referring to?
>>

>



Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-22-2007
=?Utf-8?B?cGlmb3U=?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Media Player won't play WMV files
Hi Zachd
Yes I was referring to the ACELP Sipro codec.
It's the one the WMP11 points to when it displays the error message.
I read your input on other threads. I will inquire with ACELP - see what
they say.
The videos I was trying to play are genuine training videos for a trading
platform: GenesisFT. I put the link below if you want to have a look (I know
you offered some help to another person faced wiht a similar issue)
http://www.genesisft.com/Support/Web...ingStarted.asp
The "How to get started ..." works, but most of the one in the software
Overview section don't, including "creating a system", "creating a rule", ...

I read elsewhere that it may work with irfan - I'll try this and let
everyone know.
It's annoying to pay for Vista and have all these issues.
Cheers, P-F from downunder



"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

>
> Anything over three months old gets purged by my newsreader, sorry. (I had
> to go back-up methods to figure out what this was about...)
>
> So this is about the VoiceAge ACELP Sipro codec? As far as I'm aware,
> VoiceAge does not currently have a Media Foundation-compatible ACELP Sipro
> implementation. Without that, the content would be generally unplayable
> with Windows Media Player on Vista at this time without either converting or
> minor editing of the content.
>
> (The old ACM/VfW implementation does not work within the Vista playback
> scheme at this time.) I know VoiceAge was aware of this - I don't know
> what where they are with their Vista support, if they're going down that
> road. That'd be a good question for them.
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> --
>
> "imacken" <imacken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:B3E3300B-7D11-4384-971D-E9CEC0D4C5B3@microsoft.com...
> > See the first post in the thread.
> >
> > "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> >>
> >> Which codec are you referring to?
> >>

> >

>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-30-2007
=?Utf-8?B?UnVpbiBhbmQgTXVyZGVy?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Media Player won't play WMV files
Hi pifou,

did you get a reply from ACELP about this problem?

Cheers,
Dave

"pifou" wrote:

> Hi Zachd
> Yes I was referring to the ACELP Sipro codec.
> It's the one the WMP11 points to when it displays the error message.
> I read your input on other threads. I will inquire with ACELP - see what
> they say.
> The videos I was trying to play are genuine training videos for a trading
> platform: GenesisFT. I put the link below if you want to have a look (I know
> you offered some help to another person faced wiht a similar issue)
> http://www.genesisft.com/Support/Web...ingStarted.asp
> The "How to get started ..." works, but most of the one in the software
> Overview section don't, including "creating a system", "creating a rule", ...
>
> I read elsewhere that it may work with irfan - I'll try this and let
> everyone know.
> It's annoying to pay for Vista and have all these issues.
> Cheers, P-F from downunder
>
>
>
> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> >
> > Anything over three months old gets purged by my newsreader, sorry. (I had
> > to go back-up methods to figure out what this was about...)
> >
> > So this is about the VoiceAge ACELP Sipro codec? As far as I'm aware,
> > VoiceAge does not currently have a Media Foundation-compatible ACELP Sipro
> > implementation. Without that, the content would be generally unplayable
> > with Windows Media Player on Vista at this time without either converting or
> > minor editing of the content.
> >
> > (The old ACM/VfW implementation does not work within the Vista playback
> > scheme at this time.) I know VoiceAge was aware of this - I don't know
> > what where they are with their Vista support, if they're going down that
> > road. That'd be a good question for them.
> >
> > --
> > Speaking for myself only.
> > See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> > --
> >
> > "imacken" <imacken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:B3E3300B-7D11-4384-971D-E9CEC0D4C5B3@microsoft.com...
> > > See the first post in the thread.
> > >
> > > "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
> > >
> > >>
> > >> Which codec are you referring to?
> > >>
> > >

> >
> >
> >

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 10-01-2007
David
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Media Player won't play WMV files
Guys im getting a pop up when i wanna play a video on a stream site it says
(the file you are attempting to play has an extension (wmv) that does not
match the file format. playing this file may result in unexpected behaviour)
can anyone help me

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

>
> Which codec are you referring to?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> --
>
> "pifou" <pifou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:712C7F4F-02B6-43E6-899E-60EFEB887E0B@microsoft.com...
> >I 've got the same error - searched on a few forums, and got advise to
> > download the missing codec. I saved it and ran it as "administrator".
> > Installs OK but does not solve the problem. It does not help. WM11 still
> > gives me the same error message.
> >
> >

>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 10-01-2007
David
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Media Player won't play WMV files
hi can anyone help me with this proplem i have with windows media player it
says the file has an extension (wmv) that does not match the file format how
can i fix that

"oliver" wrote:

> i have the same problem
>
> "imacken" wrote:
>
> > Files that worked OK before RC2 just won't play in MP11. I get the following
> > error:
> > "Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the Sipro Lab Telecom
> > ACELP.net (130) codec is not installed on your computer."
> > Any ideas?

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 09-30-2008
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1
kujoton is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Media Player won't play WMV files
if you guys are streaming make sure you're connected to the internet, tools-- options-- player-- last tab says "connect to internet".
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IPod Support in Media Player? =?Utf-8?B?Tm9Fc0ZhY2ls?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 8 07-01-2007 15:57
RE: Picture Gallery & Media Center =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3IFNodXR0bGV3b3J0aA==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 2 01-08-2007 12:24
AVI files play fine in media player, but jerky in movie maker Roof Fiddler microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 0 12-07-2006 20:57
Vista RC1: Media Center - Video codec error while trying to play DVD-video disc rtc microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 0 12-06-2006 09:23
RE: Photo Gallery - How to save tags and rating in files =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3IFNodXR0bGV3b3J0aA==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 0 12-06-2006 05:34




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 16:10.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120