No Preview Thumb for any video files

=?Utf-8?B?dGRhd2c=?=

No Preview Thumb for any video files
So, i have lots of avis/mpgs/etc on my harddrive. Someone on here helped me
wiht the pics part. But all the videos only show icons taht say avi file, mpg
file, etc.
Yet, in XP, it would show a thumb of the video. Does anyone know if vista
does this and how i can fix it to do that. Cause i have so many videos on
here, its more helpful to see the thumbs then scroll threw the videso trying
to find the ones im looking for

thanks
=?Utf-8?B?bmVpbCB0b25rcw==?=

RE: No Preview Thumb for any video files
try this codec pack it works for me, you have to install as administrator

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail...e/1159994557/1

good luck

"tdawg" wrote:

> So, i have lots of avis/mpgs/etc on my harddrive. Someone on here helped me
> wiht the pics part. But all the videos only show icons taht say avi file, mpg
> file, etc.
> Yet, in XP, it would show a thumb of the video. Does anyone know if vista
> does this and how i can fix it to do that. Cause i have so many videos on
> here, its more helpful to see the thumbs then scroll threw the videso trying
> to find the ones im looking for
>
> thanks

=?Utf-8?B?emVyb3pvdUBob3RtYWlsLmNvbQ==?=

RE: No Preview Thumb for any video files
my vista have no preview thumb, can you help me?

"tdawg" wrote:

> So, i have lots of avis/mpgs/etc on my harddrive. Someone on here helped me
> wiht the pics part. But all the videos only show icons taht say avi file, mpg
> file, etc.
> Yet, in XP, it would show a thumb of the video. Does anyone know if vista
> does this and how i can fix it to do that. Cause i have so many videos on
> here, its more helpful to see the thumbs then scroll threw the videso trying
> to find the ones im looking for
>
> thanks

Rocco Moe

Re: No Preview Thumb for any video files
Click the Organize button in any folder and choose Folder and Search
Options. Clear the checkbox from the first option, "Always show icons, never
thumbnails", if it's selected, and click OK.

--

"zerozou@hotmail.com" <zerozouhotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:A3047BBD-EFC8-4192-A7E4-AE5D4D26CA15@microsoft.com...
> my vista have no preview thumb, can you help me?
>
> "tdawg" wrote:
>
>> So, i have lots of avis/mpgs/etc on my harddrive. Someone on here helped
>> me
>> wiht the pics part. But all the videos only show icons taht say avi file,
>> mpg
>> file, etc.
>> Yet, in XP, it would show a thumb of the video. Does anyone know if vista
>> does this and how i can fix it to do that. Cause i have so many videos on
>> here, its more helpful to see the thumbs then scroll threw the videso
>> trying
>> to find the ones im looking for
>>
>> thanks

Gregg Murphy

microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_vide o
Any updates. I'm having the same issuse with my vista. No preview.

Weird thing is I just signed up with Photobucket and when uploading videos it shows all my previews?????Yet I can't see them on my comp.