audio on TV

truenovice

audio on TV
upon my 1st attempt at burning my DV onto dvd disc via DVD Maker, I was able
to burn my video and hear/see on my computer. However, if I insert the disc
into a regular DVD player, there's no audio. Can someone please tell me what
I need to do to get it right?

many thanks.

Adam Albright

Re: audio on TV
On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 10:49:01 -0700, truenovice
<truenovice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>upon my 1st attempt at burning my DV onto dvd disc via DVD Maker, I was able
>to burn my video and hear/see on my computer. However, if I insert the disc
>into a regular DVD player, there's no audio. Can someone please tell me what
>I need to do to get it right?
>
>many thanks.

Not having a version of Vista that includes DVD Maker I can only
hazard a guess. Normally when you make a DVD project at some point it
has two streams. One video which at some point needed to be converted
to MEPG-2 (DVD Maker probably does that) and the other audio stream,
which can start off as a MPEG-2, as WMA or WAV or some other format.

To have it work on most DVD Players the audio steam needs to be
typically converted to a format that DVD players understand. That
usually is AC3.

For example I use Vegas and DVD Architect which has now been rolled
into Vegas as one package. It will automatically convert the audio
steam to AC3 if it starts as a audio MPEG-2 stream. If DVD Maker does
by itself or you have to tell it I don't know. There could be others
issues too.

truenovice

Re: audio on TV
thank you very much for the information. It got me well on my way. Now I just
have to figure out if I have to convert the streaming myself or if DVD Maker
does this automatically. thx again.