Media player needs to restart after playing protected content

kellont

Media player needs to restart after playing protected content
Sometimes when I try to play songs that I have downloaded a message appears
saying that an R&R installer needs to run. When I click continue another
message tells me that I have to restart my machine to continue content
processing. After resarting the protected files will play again for a while,
but then the error happens again.
zachd [MSFT]

Re: Media player needs to restart after playing protected content

Could you clarify what R&R specifically is? I'm not familiar with that.

What Indiv Version are you according to WMP's Help:about:Technical Support
Information menu tool?

--
Speaking for myself only.
"kellont" <kellont@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Sometimes when I try to play songs that I have downloaded a message
> appears
> saying that an R&R installer needs to run. When I click continue another
> message tells me that I have to restart my machine to continue content
> processing. After resarting the protected files will play again for a
> while,
> but then the error happens again.

kellont

Re: Media player needs to restart after playing protected content
License Revocation and Renewal I believe.

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> Could you clarify what R&R specifically is? I'm not familiar with that.
>
> What Indiv Version are you according to WMP's Help:about:Technical Support
> Information menu tool?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> "kellont" <kellont@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Sometimes when I try to play songs that I have downloaded a message
> > appears
> > saying that an R&R installer needs to run. When I click continue another
> > message tells me that I have to restart my machine to continue content
> > processing. After resarting the protected files will play again for a
> > while,
> > but then the error happens again.

xtech

Re: Media player needs to restart after playing protected content
I am having this same problem. Someone Please Help!!!
xtech

"kellont" wrote:

> License Revocation and Renewal I believe.
>
> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>

> > Could you clarify what R&R specifically is? I'm not familiar with that.
> >
> > What Indiv Version are you according to WMP's Help:about:Technical Support
> > Information menu tool?
> >
> > --
> > Speaking for myself only.
> > See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
> > --
> > "kellont" <kellont@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Sometimes when I try to play songs that I have downloaded a message
> > > appears
> > > saying that an R&R installer needs to run. When I click continue another
> > > message tells me that I have to restart my machine to continue content
> > > processing. After resarting the protected files will play again for a
> > > while,
> > > but then the error happens again.

jkuenzli