Windows Photo Gallery and DEP

Prima

Windows Photo Gallery and DEP
Everytime I open photo gallery it opens for a few seconds and then shuts down
saying DEP has closed the program, any causes or remedial suggestions please.
P.
Prima

RE: Windows Photo Gallery and DEP
I didn't find any answers on my search but they since come to light. P.

"Prima" wrote:

> Everytime I open photo gallery it opens for a few seconds and then shuts down
> saying DEP has closed the program, any causes or remedial suggestions please.
> P.

Mother

RE: Windows Photo Gallery and DEP
Prima, you may have solved this already but if not, this article should help.
I have the same problem right now. I applied this fix and it worked until
the database re-generated and then it did it again. I may work for you
though.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/944221/en-us

"Prima" wrote:

> Everytime I open photo gallery it opens for a few seconds and then shuts down
> saying DEP has closed the program, any causes or remedial suggestions please.
> P.

Prima

RE: Windows Photo Gallery and DEP
Hi Mother, just got around to trying the fix from MS, but still the same. If
I open the pictures by not using WPG, they open OK. Is this an inherent fault
in Vista? I have read of other users experiencing problems with WPG. P.

"Mother" wrote:

> Prima, you may have solved this already but if not, this article should help.
> I have the same problem right now. I applied this fix and it worked until
> the database re-generated and then it did it again. I may work for you
> though.

> "Prima" wrote:
>
> > Everytime I open photo gallery it opens for a few seconds and then shuts down
> > saying DEP has closed the program, any causes or remedial suggestions please.
> > P.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Windows Photo Gallery and DEP

What file types are these?
Do you get an exception or crash report in the Problem Reports and Solutions
center?
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket

--
Speaking for myself only.

"Prima" <Prima@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Mother, just got around to trying the fix from MS, but still the same.
> If
> I open the pictures by not using WPG, they open OK. Is this an inherent
> fault
> in Vista? I have read of other users experiencing problems with WPG. P.
>
> "Mother" wrote:
>
>> Prima, you may have solved this already but if not, this article should
>> help.
>> I have the same problem right now. I applied this fix and it worked
>> until
>> the database re-generated and then it did it again. I may work for you
>> though.

>> "Prima" wrote:
>>
>> > Everytime I open photo gallery it opens for a few seconds and then
>> > shuts down
>> > saying DEP has closed the program, any causes or remedial suggestions
>> > please.
>> > P.

Prima

Re: Windows Photo Gallery and DEP
Hi zachd [MSFT] Please find event report below. I presume this is the
information you required. P.
Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: WindowsPhotoGallery.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Application Timestamp: 4549b56d
Fault Module Name: StackHash_8d13
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: 0410f710
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 8d13
Additional Information 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
Additional Information 3: 8d13
Additional Information 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> What file types are these?
> Do you get an exception or crash report in the Problem Reports and Solutions
> center?
> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
>
> "Prima" <Prima@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Mother, just got around to trying the fix from MS, but still the same.
> > If
> > I open the pictures by not using WPG, they open OK. Is this an inherent
> > fault
> > in Vista? I have read of other users experiencing problems with WPG. P.
> >
> > "Mother" wrote:
> >
> >> Prima, you may have solved this already but if not, this article should
> >> help.
> >> I have the same problem right now. I applied this fix and it worked
> >> until
> >> the database re-generated and then it did it again. I may work for you
> >> though.
> >>
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/944221/en-us

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Windows Photo Gallery and DEP

Did you submit those to Microsoft / Check for Solutions there?
Do you get any other DEP errors here... ?

--

> Hi zachd [MSFT] Please find event report below. I presume this is the
> information you required. P.
> Problem signature
> Problem Event Name: BEX
> Application Name: WindowsPhotoGallery.exe
> Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
> Application Timestamp: 4549b56d
> Fault Module Name: StackHash_8d13
> Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
> Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
> Exception Offset: 0410f710
> Exception Code: c0000005
> Exception Data: 00000008
> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 2057
> Additional Information 1: 8d13
> Additional Information 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
> Additional Information 3: 8d13
> Additional Information 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
>

> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>

>> What file types are these?
>> Do you get an exception or crash report in the Problem Reports and
>> Solutions
>> center?
>> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> rights.
>> --
>>
>> "Prima" <Prima@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi Mother, just got around to trying the fix from MS, but still the
>> > same.
>> > If
>> > I open the pictures by not using WPG, they open OK. Is this an inherent
>> > fault
>> > in Vista? I have read of other users experiencing problems with WPG. P.

Prima

Re: Windows Photo Gallery and DEP
I have had 21 occurences of this problem, 19 of which I submitted a report to
MS. I can't recall getting a DEP problem with anything else on a regular
basis. I have not added any additional pictures to WPG, these are the ones
that were pre-installed on the PC.

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> Did you submit those to Microsoft / Check for Solutions there?
> Do you get any other DEP errors here... ?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
>
> "Prima" <Prima@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi zachd [MSFT] Please find event report below. I presume this is the
> > information you required. P.
> > Problem signature
> > Problem Event Name: BEX
> > Application Name: WindowsPhotoGallery.exe
> > Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
> > Application Timestamp: 4549b56d
> > Fault Module Name: StackHash_8d13
> > Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
> > Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
> > Exception Offset: 0410f710
> > Exception Code: c0000005
> > Exception Data: 00000008
> > OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> > Locale ID: 2057
> > Additional Information 1: 8d13
> > Additional Information 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
> > Additional Information 3: 8d13
> > Additional Information 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
> >

> > "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
> >

> >> What file types are these?
> >> Do you get an exception or crash report in the Problem Reports and
> >> Solutions
> >> center?
> >> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
> >>
> >> --
> >> Speaking for myself only.
> >> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
> >> rights.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Windows Photo Gallery and DEP

I'm sorry, I don't see any correlation between that specific crash and
anything else. If there were new/different DEP error information chunks,
those might be useful, but the below one doesn't lead me anywhere, sorry. =\