Window Picture Gallery Viewer Error

Sassy

Window Picture Gallery Viewer Error
When I click a picture icon to look at in bigger view, I get an error message
that states "An Error is preventing the Windows Photo Gallery viewer from
starting." Can some please tell me how to fix this error or to trouble
shoot. I have been having this problem since upgrading to Vista, we assumed
it was because of the video card needed to be upgraded. We have upgraded
everything that is needed to be upgraded for Vista, and still getting this
error. We were actually told from a sales associate at Best Buy that
upgrading the graphics card would correct the problem.
Chetan Gore

RE: Window Picture Gallery Viewer Error
You have to run SFC /SCANNOW in Start -> Run -> command -> SFC /SCAN NOW and
that will fix the problem, i have resolve the same problem for one of my
customer

"Sassy" wrote:

> When I click a picture icon to look at in bigger view, I get an error message
> that states "An Error is preventing the Windows Photo Gallery viewer from
> starting." Can some please tell me how to fix this error or to trouble
> shoot. I have been having this problem since upgrading to Vista, we assumed
> it was because of the video card needed to be upgraded. We have upgraded
> everything that is needed to be upgraded for Vista, and still getting this
> error. We were actually told from a sales associate at Best Buy that
> upgrading the graphics card would correct the problem.

Sassy

RE: Window Picture Gallery Viewer Error
I did as you instructed and in the command prompt it told me "you must be an
administrator running a console session in order to use the sfc utility." Im
the only person on my computer, is there something I need to do in order to
be able to use this command?

"Chetan Gore" wrote:

> You have to run SFC /SCANNOW in Start -> Run -> command -> SFC /SCAN NOW and
> that will fix the problem, i have resolve the same problem for one of my
> customer
>
> "Sassy" wrote:
>
> > When I click a picture icon to look at in bigger view, I get an error message
> > that states "An Error is preventing the Windows Photo Gallery viewer from
> > starting." Can some please tell me how to fix this error or to trouble
> > shoot. I have been having this problem since upgrading to Vista, we assumed
> > it was because of the video card needed to be upgraded. We have upgraded
> > everything that is needed to be upgraded for Vista, and still getting this
> > error. We were actually told from a sales associate at Best Buy that
> > upgrading the graphics card would correct the problem.

Cal Bear '66

Re: Window Picture Gallery Viewer Error
Type cmd in the Start Search box above the Start Orb. When cmd.exe appears at
the top of the Start Menu, right click on it and select "Run As Administrator".

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!