My documents/Folder Icons and color change

DLH

My documents/Folder Icons and color change
I need help, in Windows Vista the color of the my documents folder is green
and they have a general Icon on them that identifies what content is in the
folder...I installed a program that changed the color from green to the
standard yellow folders with no general icon and I was able to go into
properties and restore my music folder back to the default green w/general
icon but for some reason I can't do this with the Video folder. I would
like to know if there is a way to change them back in case this happens
again. I like the green color and the general Icon...Someone help please...

DLH

Re: My documents/Folder Icons and color change
I solved my own issue after a long search thru google.com. It had something
to do with the shell folders being disassociated with the files that were
inside of it. In laymens terms, a program that I installed on my system
disassociated my shell folders and turned them yellow without the icon. So
I had to use this website http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/130/1/ .
This website will explain what happens and what to do to fix your folders
even thou I did'nt go thru all of steps..I just copied the desktop.ini
description (at the bottom) and pasted it in my desktop.ini file. First in
order to see the desktop.ini file you have make all system files visible and
make all invisible files "visible" then go to the shell folder that has been
changed.

Next right-click the desktop.ini file and choose properties to deselect the
read-only option so that you can modify it's contents. Next, open the
desktop.ini file and delete the all the text in there and paste the example
(at the bottom pertaining to the folder in question) that is on the webpage
above into the desktop.ini file. Save the file (making sure that it is
saved with the extention ini (it should ask you do you want to replace the
original) and then close everything and logg off and then back on and check
it and everything should be back to normal...