Ripped cd skipping at end

Rocky 33

Ripped cd skipping at end
I've seen that other people are having the same problem I am. After burring
300 cds on my new GATEWAY laptop I found during playback every song "skips"
somewhere in the last 20 sec.of the song. I just used my laptop for the first
time for a DJ gig, and this problem was a huge embarssment. Not sure of my
sound card but it sounds like a problem within WMP. Does anybody know the
fix for me?
Michael

Re: Ripped cd skipping at end
This works on Dell machines, not sure about Gateway but should be worth a
try.

Right click on speaker icon.
Select playback devices. Gets you to 'Sound' dialog.
Select Speakers / Headphones (if this is not a SigmaTel device this advice
probably won't work)
Select Enhancements tab
Check the the box to Disable all enhancements

Michael

"Rocky 33" <Rocky33@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've seen that other people are having the same problem I am. After
> burring
> 300 cds on my new GATEWAY laptop I found during playback every song
> "skips"
> somewhere in the last 20 sec.of the song. I just used my laptop for the
> first
> time for a DJ gig, and this problem was a huge embarssment. Not sure of my
> sound card but it sounds like a problem within WMP. Does anybody know the
> fix for me?

Rocky 33

Re: Ripped cd skipping at end
Hey Michael, I saw your advice on the other posts, thanks for reply, but I
cannot find the enhancement tab or box to disable all enhancements. I do
believe I have a Sigma Tel sound card.

"Michael" wrote:

> This works on Dell machines, not sure about Gateway but should be worth a
> try.
>
> Right click on speaker icon.
> Select playback devices. Gets you to 'Sound' dialog.
> Select Speakers / Headphones (if this is not a SigmaTel device this advice
> probably won't work)
> Select Enhancements tab
> Check the the box to Disable all enhancements
>
> Michael
>

> "Rocky 33" <Rocky33@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've seen that other people are having the same problem I am. After
> > burring
> > 300 cds on my new GATEWAY laptop I found during playback every song
> > "skips"
> > somewhere in the last 20 sec.of the song. I just used my laptop for the
> > first
> > time for a DJ gig, and this problem was a huge embarssment. Not sure of my
> > sound card but it sounds like a problem within WMP. Does anybody know the
> > fix for me?

Michael

Re: Ripped cd skipping at end
Only other suggestion I can make is to go to the Gateway site and check for
any upgrade to your sound card. Perhaps an upgrade has the options in it and
you can then disable them.

My current driver for audio device (remember I have a Dell not a Gateway)

Under device manager, sound ,video and game controllers
SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC
Driver provider: SigmaTel
Driver date 1.12.2007
Driver version 6.10.0.5343
Signed by MS hardware compatibility publisher.

> Hey Michael, I saw your advice on the other posts, thanks for reply, but I
> cannot find the enhancement tab or box to disable all enhancements. I do
> believe I have a Sigma Tel sound card.
>

> "Michael" wrote:
>
>> This works on Dell machines, not sure about Gateway but should be worth a
>> try.
>>
>> Right click on speaker icon.
>> Select playback devices. Gets you to 'Sound' dialog.
>> Select Speakers / Headphones (if this is not a SigmaTel device this
>> advice
>> probably won't work)
>> Select Enhancements tab
>> Check the the box to Disable all enhancements
>>
>> Michael
>>

>> "Rocky 33" <Rocky33@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I've seen that other people are having the same problem I am. After
>> > burring
>> > 300 cds on my new GATEWAY laptop I found during playback every song
>> > "skips"
>> > somewhere in the last 20 sec.of the song. I just used my laptop for the
>> > first
>> > time for a DJ gig, and this problem was a huge embarssment. Not sure of
>> > my
>> > sound card but it sounds like a problem within WMP. Does anybody know
>> > the
>> > fix for me?

Rocky 33

Re: Ripped cd skipping at end
I found the disable enhancements box, I think you solved the problem, your my
hero Michael!