videos not playing properly

Tara

videos not playing properly
Anytime I attempt to watch a video whether online or downloaded, it does not
play properly. The sound runs smoothly, but not the video, so therefore the
talking does not match the picture as it is playing. I tried to adjust the
video acceleration setting, but it says that my current driver does not allow
changes to be made to the hardware acceleration settings. Any suggestions on
what I can do?

I am using Quicktime to play videos.
Adam Albright

Re: videos not playing properly
On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 20:55:00 -0700, Tara
<Tara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Anytime I attempt to watch a video whether online or downloaded, it does not
>play properly. The sound runs smoothly, but not the video, so therefore the
>talking does not match the picture as it is playing. I tried to adjust the
>video acceleration setting, but it says that my current driver does not allow
>changes to be made to the hardware acceleration settings. Any suggestions on
>what I can do?
>
>I am using Quicktime to play videos.

Quicktime works well on Apple computers but sometimes sucks on the
Windows platform.

Try GOM Player or XnView or VLC Media Player.

Regardless what player you use you can help it play smoother if you
reduce the size of the playback window. Trying to play movies full
screen or even a 100% size at higher resolutions is harder unless you
have a more powerful system. Some players allow you to drop the frame
rate or are smart enough to drop some video frames to better manage
keeping the video and audio in sync. It isn't as bad as it sounds. A
few dropped video frames here and there most people don't even notice
and they're just skipped over while playing, they're not deleted from
the file.

Curious

Re: videos not playing properly
I concur with Adam. Since the problem is with video and not audio your
graphics card and its driver are not powerfull enough to avoid haveing to
drop frames.
What make/model of graphics card are you using and what driver release are
you using with it?
"Adam Albright" <AA@ABC.net> wrote in message
> On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 20:55:00 -0700, Tara
> <Tara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>Anytime I attempt to watch a video whether online or downloaded, it does
>>not
>>play properly. The sound runs smoothly, but not the video, so therefore
>>the
>>talking does not match the picture as it is playing. I tried to adjust
>>the
>>video acceleration setting, but it says that my current driver does not
>>allow
>>changes to be made to the hardware acceleration settings. Any suggestions
>>on
>>what I can do?
>>
>>I am using Quicktime to play videos.

> Quicktime works well on Apple computers but sometimes sucks on the
> Windows platform.
>
> Try GOM Player or XnView or VLC Media Player.
>
> Regardless what player you use you can help it play smoother if you
> reduce the size of the playback window. Trying to play movies full
> screen or even a 100% size at higher resolutions is harder unless you
> have a more powerful system. Some players allow you to drop the frame
> rate or are smart enough to drop some video frames to better manage
> keeping the video and audio in sync. It isn't as bad as it sounds. A
> few dropped video frames here and there most people don't even notice
> and they're just skipped over while playing, they're not deleted from
> the file.

yo

Re: videos not playing properly
hola