VHS to DV for Movie Player (Vista)

Dan

VHS to DV for Movie Player (Vista)
I have a bunch of old VHS tapes that I want to edit and turn to DVDs but the
Vista version does not have the direct capability. Can anyone recommend an
analogue to DV converter that I can get that is compatible with Vista.
Adam Albright

Re: VHS to DV for Movie Player (Vista)
On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 04:22:00 -0700, Dan
<Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a bunch of old VHS tapes that I want to edit and turn to DVDs but the
>Vista version does not have the direct capability. Can anyone recommend an
>analogue to DV converter that I can get that is compatible with Vista.

The Canopus line is top notch.

http://www.canopus.com/products/videoconversion.php

Beejaysoo

Re: VHS to DV for Movie Player (Vista)
I've just done several VHS to DVD using a procedure described in the Vista
help pages. I borrowed my sons digital camcorder and played the vhs tapes
into the camcorder with the camcorder connected via I-link to the computer.
Quite easy and good results.

bj

>I have a bunch of old VHS tapes that I want to edit and turn to DVDs but
>the
> Vista version does not have the direct capability. Can anyone recommend
> an
> analogue to DV converter that I can get that is compatible with Vista.

tim

Re: VHS to DV for Movie Player (Vista)
Hi dan i just bought Dazzle platinum from pinnacle, it works good with vista
you just have to download the newer driver from there site Tim

"Beejaysoo" wrote:

> I've just done several VHS to DVD using a procedure described in the Vista
> help pages. I borrowed my sons digital camcorder and played the vhs tapes
> into the camcorder with the camcorder connected via I-link to the computer.
> Quite easy and good results.
>
> bj
>

> "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a bunch of old VHS tapes that I want to edit and turn to DVDs but
> >the
> > Vista version does not have the direct capability. Can anyone recommend
> > an
> > analogue to DV converter that I can get that is compatible with Vista.

John Hanley

Re: VHS to DV for Movie Player (Vista)

>I have a bunch of old VHS tapes that I want to edit and turn to DVDs but
>the
> Vista version does not have the direct capability. Can anyone recommend
> an
> analogue to DV converter that I can get that is compatible with Vista.

What has been working for me: I bought a combination VCR/DVD Recorder
(Recorder, *not* just a VCR/DVD player). I put a VHS tape in the VCR tape
deck, a blank DVD in the DVD tray, and set up a dubbing session; very slick
and trouble free. The tape contents are copied and converted to digital
format on the DVD. I can then copy the DVD files to my computer via the
DVDRW drive.

Dan

Re: VHS to DV for Movie Player (Vista)
Thanks Adam. I live in Abu Dhabi but was able to get a Caminus ADVC-300
delivered here from Dubai. It took a little while but it is working great.
Thanks for the advice.

"Adam Albright" wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 04:22:00 -0700, Dan
> <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have a bunch of old VHS tapes that I want to edit and turn to DVDs but the
> >Vista version does not have the direct capability. Can anyone recommend an
> >analogue to DV converter that I can get that is compatible with Vista.

> The Canopus line is top notch.
>
> http://www.canopus.com/products/videoconversion.php

odiefifi

Re: VHS to DV for Movie Player (Vista)
Hi Tim, I bought the Dazzle Platinum from Pinnacle also. I downloaded the
driver from their site. However whenever I select the Dazzle as my input
device I get a blue screen and my puter restarts. Do you have any ideas on
this problem?? Thank you

"tim" wrote:

> Hi dan i just bought Dazzle platinum from pinnacle, it works good with vista
> you just have to download the newer driver from there site Tim
>
> "Beejaysoo" wrote:
>
> > I've just done several VHS to DVD using a procedure described in the Vista
> > help pages. I borrowed my sons digital camcorder and played the vhs tapes
> > into the camcorder with the camcorder connected via I-link to the computer.
> > Quite easy and good results.
> >
> > bj
> >

> > "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have a bunch of old VHS tapes that I want to edit and turn to DVDs but
> > >the
> > > Vista version does not have the direct capability. Can anyone recommend
> > > an
> > > analogue to DV converter that I can get that is compatible with Vista.

Ron K.

Re: VHS to DV for Movie Player (Vista)
I used the VCr/Recorder combo as well but I hate the Menus the recorder used.
I've got the DVD I can move the files to my hard drive but don't know what to
do after that.

"John Hanley" wrote:

> "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a bunch of old VHS tapes that I want to edit and turn to DVDs but
> >the
> > Vista version does not have the direct capability. Can anyone recommend
> > an
> > analogue to DV converter that I can get that is compatible with Vista.

> What has been working for me: I bought a combination VCR/DVD Recorder
> (Recorder, *not* just a VCR/DVD player). I put a VHS tape in the VCR tape
> deck, a blank DVD in the DVD tray, and set up a dubbing session; very slick
> and trouble free. The tape contents are copied and converted to digital
> format on the DVD. I can then copy the DVD files to my computer via the
> DVDRW drive.

odiefifi

Re: VHS to DV for Movie Player (Vista)

I'm just about where you are. Windows movie maker dosen't support AC3 audio
that my recorder produces. I don't think you can edit in media center?? Not
sure where to go next. Looking at Roxio media creator 10?? Anybody have any
ideas?? All help appreciated.
"Ron K." wrote:

> I used the VCr/Recorder combo as well but I hate the Menus the recorder used.
> I've got the DVD I can move the files to my hard drive but don't know what to
> do after that.
>
> "John Hanley" wrote:
>

> > "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have a bunch of old VHS tapes that I want to edit and turn to DVDs but
> > >the
> > > Vista version does not have the direct capability. Can anyone recommend
> > > an
> > > analogue to DV converter that I can get that is compatible with Vista.

> > What has been working for me: I bought a combination VCR/DVD Recorder
> > (Recorder, *not* just a VCR/DVD player). I put a VHS tape in the VCR tape
> > deck, a blank DVD in the DVD tray, and set up a dubbing session; very slick
> > and trouble free. The tape contents are copied and converted to digital
> > format on the DVD. I can then copy the DVD files to my computer via the
> > DVDRW drive.

Peaceful One

RE: VHS to DV for Movie Player (Vista)
How do you put VHS on DVD from your computer? I would LOVE to do this!! But
never knew I would be able to do it. Please, if you would, let me know how!

Thanks.