Editing photos

Linda L

Editing photos
I used to use a program from Microsoft on old computer that allowed me to
edit photos, add borders or change edges. I could add text or shapes to
point out things in the photo. I could make a collage, etc. None of those
features are available with Vista Home Premium and Windows Photo Gallery.
Does Microsoft have some other program that can do this or can someone
recommend a program that will work with Vista and have these bells and
whistles?
--
Change is the only constant thing in life.
John Inzer

Re: Editing photos
Linda L wrote:
> I used to use a program from Microsoft on old computer that allowed
> me to edit photos, add borders or change edges. I could add text or
> shapes to point out things in the photo. I could make a collage,
> etc. None of those features are available with Vista Home Premium
> and Windows Photo Gallery. Does Microsoft have some other program
> that can do this or can someone recommend a program that will work
> with Vista and have these bells and whistles?

====================================
I suspect you had an old MS Picture It! program
which was changed to MS Digital Image. The
Digital Image software line has been discontinued
but the most recent version was optimized for
Vista and it's possible that you may find a copy
for sale in a retail store or possibly on eBay.

The latest version is called:
"Microsoft Digital Image Suite Anniversary Edition".

There's a 60 day trial version available for
download if you would like to give it a try:

Microsoft Digital Image
Starter Edition 2006
http://tinyurl.com/28loxr
(this product line has been
discontinued but you can still
down-load the Starter Version
and run it for 60 days)

Unlike the retail version...the trial does not
have the ability to create VCDs and it does
not include the clipart and pre-formatted
projects.

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Linda L

Re: Editing photos
John, thank you for your response. That was the old program I was using.
--

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Linda L wrote:
> > I used to use a program from Microsoft on old computer that allowed
> > me to edit photos, add borders or change edges. I could add text or
> > shapes to point out things in the photo. I could make a collage,
> > etc. None of those features are available with Vista Home Premium
> > and Windows Photo Gallery. Does Microsoft have some other program
> > that can do this or can someone recommend a program that will work
> > with Vista and have these bells and whistles?

> ====================================
> I suspect you had an old MS Picture It! program
> which was changed to MS Digital Image. The
> Digital Image software line has been discontinued
> but the most recent version was optimized for
> Vista and it's possible that you may find a copy
> for sale in a retail store or possibly on eBay.
>
> The latest version is called:
> "Microsoft Digital Image Suite Anniversary Edition".
>
> There's a 60 day trial version available for
> download if you would like to give it a try:
>
> Microsoft Digital Image
> Starter Edition 2006
> http://tinyurl.com/28loxr
> (this product line has been
> discontinued but you can still
> down-load the Starter Version
> and run it for 60 days)
>
> Unlike the retail version...the trial does not
> have the ability to create VCDs and it does
> not include the clipart and pre-formatted
> projects.
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
> MS Picture It! -
> Digital Image MVP
>
> Digital Image
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://tinyurl.com/aczzp
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

PICTUREIT! angry !

Re: Editing photos
IT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE, THEY HAVE TAKEN IT DOWN OFF THEIR WEBSITE, I just
tried to get the trial version and it is no longer there
RE: "Microsoft Digital Image Suite Anniversary Edition".

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Linda L wrote:
> > I used to use a program from Microsoft on old computer that allowed
> > me to edit photos, add borders or change edges. I could add text or
> > shapes to point out things in the photo. I could make a collage,
> > etc. None of those features are available with Vista Home Premium
> > and Windows Photo Gallery. Does Microsoft have some other program
> > that can do this or can someone recommend a program that will work
> > with Vista and have these bells and whistles?

> ====================================
> I suspect you had an old MS Picture It! program
> which was changed to MS Digital Image. The
> Digital Image software line has been discontinued
> but the most recent version was optimized for
> Vista and it's possible that you may find a copy
> for sale in a retail store or possibly on eBay.
>
> The latest version is called:
> "Microsoft Digital Image Suite Anniversary Edition".
>
> There's a 60 day trial version available for
> download if you would like to give it a try:
>
> Microsoft Digital Image
> Starter Edition 2006
> http://tinyurl.com/28loxr
> (this product line has been
> discontinued but you can still
> down-load the Starter Version
> and run it for 60 days)
>
> Unlike the retail version...the trial does not
> have the ability to create VCDs and it does
> not include the clipart and pre-formatted
> projects.
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
> MS Picture It! -
> Digital Image MVP
>
> Digital Image
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://tinyurl.com/aczzp
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

PICTUREIT! angry !

Re: Editing photos
John, the link you had worked and the trial version seems to work on my VISTA
computer, but when i click to register it, it takes you to the Microsoft
website and says "We’re sorry, but we were unable to service your request.
You may wish to choose from the links below for information about Microsoft
products and services."

so does this mean, if i were to be able to find the full version and buy it,
i wouldn't be able to register it or use it?

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Linda L wrote:
> > I used to use a program from Microsoft on old computer that allowed
> > me to edit photos, add borders or change edges. I could add text or
> > shapes to point out things in the photo. I could make a collage,
> > etc. None of those features are available with Vista Home Premium
> > and Windows Photo Gallery. Does Microsoft have some other program
> > that can do this or can someone recommend a program that will work
> > with Vista and have these bells and whistles?

> ====================================
> I suspect you had an old MS Picture It! program
> which was changed to MS Digital Image. The
> Digital Image software line has been discontinued
> but the most recent version was optimized for
> Vista and it's possible that you may find a copy
> for sale in a retail store or possibly on eBay.
>
> The latest version is called:
> "Microsoft Digital Image Suite Anniversary Edition".
>
> There's a 60 day trial version available for
> download if you would like to give it a try:
>
> Microsoft Digital Image
> Starter Edition 2006
> http://tinyurl.com/28loxr
> (this product line has been
> discontinued but you can still
> down-load the Starter Version
> and run it for 60 days)
>
> Unlike the retail version...the trial does not
> have the ability to create VCDs and it does
> not include the clipart and pre-formatted
> projects.
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
> MS Picture It! -
> Digital Image MVP
>
> Digital Image
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://tinyurl.com/aczzp
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

John Inzer

Re: Editing photos
PICTUREIT! angry ! wrote:
> John, the link you had worked and the trial version seems to work on
> my VISTA computer, but when i click to register it, it takes you to
> the Microsoft website and says "We're sorry, but we were unable to
> service your request. You may wish to choose from the links below for
> information about Microsoft products and services."
>

> so does this mean, if i were to be able to find the full version and
> buy it, i wouldn't be able to register it or use it?

=============================
Yes...if you decide to purchase a copy of the
2006 retail version you can run it on your
Vista machine.

The program does not require "Activation".
"Registration" is voluntary and has *nothing*
to do with the function of the program.

--

John Inzer
Digital Media MVP