HELP NEEDED!! WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER CRASHES WHEN PUBLISHING MOVIE

SiD

HELP NEEDED!! WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER CRASHES WHEN PUBLISHING MOVIE
Hi,

My Windows Movie Maker crashes when i try to publish a movie to any of the
mode (computer, dvd, cd). I get the following error:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: moviemk.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Application Timestamp: 4549b5b6
Fault Module Name: StackHash_1703
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 070605d3
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 16393
Additional Information 1: 1703
Additional Information 2: 2264db07e74365624c50317d7b856ae9
Additional Information 3: 1344
Additional Information 4: 875fa2ef9d2bdca96466e8af55d1ae6e

Can someone please help as i have a project to be delivered & i am stuck!!
Any help will be much appreciated!
FYI: I have Nero 7 installed on my machine. My OS is Vista Home Premium
cubfan

RE: HELP NEEDED!! WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER CRASHES WHEN PUBLISHING MOVIE
Hi,
Unfortunately, I can't help, but I'm have problems too. I'm able to create
my movie (this is my first time), but when I try to publish to a DVD I get an
"unspecified error" Do you have any idea what that is? I can publish it to
my computer, but I need it on a DVD for my dad's 80th birthday. I appreciate
any ideas.

"SiD" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My Windows Movie Maker crashes when i try to publish a movie to any of the
> mode (computer, dvd, cd). I get the following error:
>
> Problem signature:
> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> Application Name: moviemk.exe
> Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
> Application Timestamp: 4549b5b6
> Fault Module Name: StackHash_1703
> Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
> Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
> Exception Code: c0000005
> Exception Offset: 070605d3
> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 16393
> Additional Information 1: 1703
> Additional Information 2: 2264db07e74365624c50317d7b856ae9
> Additional Information 3: 1344
> Additional Information 4: 875fa2ef9d2bdca96466e8af55d1ae6e
>
> Can someone please help as i have a project to be delivered & i am stuck!!
> Any help will be much appreciated!
> FYI: I have Nero 7 installed on my machine. My OS is Vista Home Premium

Falconi

RE: HELP NEEDED!! WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER CRASHES WHEN PUBLISHING MOVI
Hi,
Unfortunately, I can't help you two, because I'm having the same problem. I
make my video in Windows Movie Maker, and Movie Maker sends it to Windows
DVD-maker, and the coding and burning begins - BUT of no reason my computer
turns off. The hibernation is deactived, so that's not the reason.

The supportcenter at HP's just told me to use the installed program Roxio
instead, but I don't find it a satisfactory solution to my problems.

I've tried to get some help on the net, but with no luck. If I find some
help, I'll get back to you. I appreciate any ideas.

"cubfan" wrote:

> Hi,
> Unfortunately, I can't help, but I'm have problems too. I'm able to create
> my movie (this is my first time), but when I try to publish to a DVD I get an
> "unspecified error" Do you have any idea what that is? I can publish it to
> my computer, but I need it on a DVD for my dad's 80th birthday. I appreciate
> any ideas.
>
> "SiD" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > My Windows Movie Maker crashes when i try to publish a movie to any of the
> > mode (computer, dvd, cd). I get the following error:
> >
> > Problem signature:
> > Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> > Application Name: moviemk.exe
> > Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
> > Application Timestamp: 4549b5b6
> > Fault Module Name: StackHash_1703
> > Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
> > Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
> > Exception Code: c0000005
> > Exception Offset: 070605d3
> > OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> > Locale ID: 16393
> > Additional Information 1: 1703
> > Additional Information 2: 2264db07e74365624c50317d7b856ae9
> > Additional Information 3: 1344
> > Additional Information 4: 875fa2ef9d2bdca96466e8af55d1ae6e
> >
> > Can someone please help as i have a project to be delivered & i am stuck!!
> > Any help will be much appreciated!
> > FYI: I have Nero 7 installed on my machine. My OS is Vista Home Premium

Falconi

RE: HELP NEEDED!! WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER CRASHES WHEN PUBLISHING MOVI
Sorry, forgot to tell, that I use Windows Vista Premium on my brand new HP
Medie Center.
Adam Albright

Re: HELP NEEDED!! WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER CRASHES WHEN PUBLISHING MOVI
On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 11:16:00 -0700, Falconi
<Falconi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>Unfortunately, I can't help you two, because I'm having the same problem. I
>make my video in Windows Movie Maker, and Movie Maker sends it to Windows
>DVD-maker, and the coding and burning begins - BUT of no reason my computer
>turns off. The hibernation is deactived, so that's not the reason.
>
>The supportcenter at HP's just told me to use the installed program Roxio
>instead, but I don't find it a satisfactory solution to my problems.
>
>I've tried to get some help on the net, but with no luck. If I find some
>help, I'll get back to you. I appreciate any ideas.

Use a better third party product. You'll be amazed how all the
constant problems repeated here over and over go away. Microsoft
didn't see fit to include a real video editor with Vista. Movie Maker
is just a toy and often behaves like a toy. While I don't have DVD
Maker since I have the business version where it isn't included I
suspect the same kind of issues.

Just for general information there are several steps necessary to make
good reliable videos that should in most cases play on any computer
and probably more importantly on any recent set top DVD player so you
can enjoy the benefits of playing your videos off some big screen HD
tv.

1. Begin with good quality source files. I can't over stress this. The
old adage 'garbage in, garbage out' is doubly true when working
with videos. So if you begin with some junk you downloaded off the
web or found in some newsgroup changes are it already had the crap
compressed out it, it may be in some non standard format requiring
some special codec and all kinds of other things that will drive
you
crazy trying to work with it. Best to begin with DV AVI which if
you're making videos from something you shot with your own video
camera should be an output option. If you have a newer camera that
records directly to a DVD be aware the format isn't supported by
a lot of applications. So smart to be sure whatever application
you plan to use supports whatever formats the camera can output to.

2. If you plan on doing anything beyond very simplistic, basic editing
investing in a decent video editor is a must. Movie Maker isn't a
good video editor. I can't say it any plainer than that.

A "good" video editor is first and foremost one you are comfortable
with and understand how to use. While way more powerful, it doesn't
make much sense to invest in some pro grade editor costing hundreds
if you also aren't planning on learning how to use it or are going
to get intimidated with all the controls or if you only make one or
two vids a year.

If you've read some of my posts in the past you know I'm always
praising Vegas and how good it is. That's because it is one of
those rare applications that is both easy to use and powerful and
even right out of the box within minutes you can do amazing things.
The more time you invest in learning all it can do the more
impressed you'll get. It is that good! Even at the entry level
version which costs about $80 it does circles around Movie Maker.
More important is a rock solid stable.

3. Understand what transcoding, bitrate selection, field order, motion
blur and deinterlace method means. If your application doesn't even
give you choices or offer these things, you know you're playing
with a toy.

4. Know how changing frame rate, frame size, overall aspect ratio and
pixel aspect impact your finished project. Getting any one wrong
can lead to unexpected results.

5. Know when to use different templates and file types as output as
well as controlling how the video will get compressed. This is part
of what a CODEC does and can make or break your video or prevent it
from getting burned correctly later if you're making a DVD.

Your initial goal if you're making a DVD is first make a compliant
MPEG-2 file. There are exacting standards for NTSC and PAL, the two
primary scheme used, which one you use depends where you live in
the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTSC
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAL

6. Understand the time to get a finished DVD involves several steps,
the major ones follow:

a. editing, enhancing source file(s)
b. color correction (set proper levels, hues, etc.
c. adding/editing sound/music track(s)
d. render to compliant MPEG-2 file type
e. if desired add DVD authoring, chapters, effects, etc.
f. Make VOB's (files readable by DVD player)
G. Actual burning of (f) unto blank DVD media

Items a through c vary greatly depending on length and complexity of
project. Item d which is transcoding all the source files regardless
of type/size/frame rate to you're chosen project's final form and
rendering out to MPEG-2 generally is the longest and most time
consuming job. How long the process takes depends on complexity,
length and also to a great extent the power of your PC, what encoder
you use, the bitrate you encode at. Normal can be anywhere from a
ratio of to 2 to 1 to 20 to 1 or even high. So rendering a ten minute
video can take 90-100 minutes, maybe much longer if you add lots of
special effect requiring additional processing. This is NOT the total
time required, just the initial step. Note Move Maker and DVD Maker
combine this and other steps into one process which can extend the
time.

Once you have a finished MPEG-2 file adding others and doing any DVD
Authoring is dependent on how complex your project is. Since you can
get roughly an hour and twenty minutes on one single sided standard
form DVD the time to make that many different videos or one really big
one is quite extensive. Next the creation of the VOB or image files
needed to burn a DVD take on average between 20 to 40 minutes more.

Finally the actual burning takes between 8 to 30 minutes or so for a
full 4.7 GB DVD. How fast depends on your burner speed. You NEVER
should burn at full speed, that is begging for problems. Generally
burn at no more than half the DVD burner's rated max speed. So if you
have a 16X burner that means selecting a burn speed of 8X, maybe 12X
if you're feeling lucky.

Common problems for a DVD not getting burned are bad media, it
happens, live with it, try again. DVD Burner needing a firmware
update. Hanging during lean-in (generally up to 4% on finished
progress bar) or lead-out, generally at 97% finished or after. Cause
again may be bad media or something wrong with the burner.

Do NOT do anything and I mean NOTHING else with your computer while
you're burning a DVD. Don't even touch your keyboard. While you should
be able to and often can, don't! Things that often ruin a good burn is
Windows messing around on it's own in the background which may allow
the burner's buffer to empty...result instant coaster. Your anti-virus
or anything else phoning home or starting up, any TSR application,
including your screen saver kicking in.

Best advice, before trying to burn a DVD turn off any power saving or
hibernation options and either turn off or extend screen saver to not
kick it to AFTER you expect the DVD to be finished burning. One irony
here is a lot of people report the DVD proceeding to burn ok, then
failing near the 98% mark and the actual cause may have been the
screen saver or something else kicked it and ruined it!

>"cubfan" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> Unfortunately, I can't help, but I'm have problems too. I'm able to create
>> my movie (this is my first time), but when I try to publish to a DVD I get an
>> "unspecified error" Do you have any idea what that is? I can publish it to
>> my computer, but I need it on a DVD for my dad's 80th birthday. I appreciate
>> any ideas.
>>
>> "SiD" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > My Windows Movie Maker crashes when i try to publish a movie to any of the
>> > mode (computer, dvd, cd). I get the following error:
>> >
>> > Problem signature:
>> > Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
>> > Application Name: moviemk.exe
>> > Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
>> > Application Timestamp: 4549b5b6
>> > Fault Module Name: StackHash_1703
>> > Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
>> > Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
>> > Exception Code: c0000005
>> > Exception Offset: 070605d3
>> > OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
>> > Locale ID: 16393
>> > Additional Information 1: 1703
>> > Additional Information 2: 2264db07e74365624c50317d7b856ae9
>> > Additional Information 3: 1344
>> > Additional Information 4: 875fa2ef9d2bdca96466e8af55d1ae6e
>> >
>> > Can someone please help as i have a project to be delivered & i am stuck!!
>> > Any help will be much appreciated!
>> > FYI: I have Nero 7 installed on my machine. My OS is Vista Home Premium

zachd [MSFT]

Re: HELP NEEDED!! WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER CRASHES WHEN PUBLISHING MOVIE

It looks like this is crashin in NeAudio.ax on your system - is that file on
your system?

--
Speaking for myself only.
"SiD" <SiD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> My Windows Movie Maker crashes when i try to publish a movie to any of the
> mode (computer, dvd, cd). I get the following error:
>
> Problem signature:
> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> Application Name: moviemk.exe
> Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
> Application Timestamp: 4549b5b6
> Fault Module Name: StackHash_1703
> Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
> Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
> Exception Code: c0000005
> Exception Offset: 070605d3
> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 16393
> Additional Information 1: 1703
> Additional Information 2: 2264db07e74365624c50317d7b856ae9
> Additional Information 3: 1344
> Additional Information 4: 875fa2ef9d2bdca96466e8af55d1ae6e
>
> Can someone please help as i have a project to be delivered & i am stuck!!
> Any help will be much appreciated!
> FYI: I have Nero 7 installed on my machine. My OS is Vista Home Premium

tahsin is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: HELP NEEDED!! WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER CRASHES WHEN PUBLISHING MOVIE
I just found out the problem.
I have nero 7 installed on vista. To fix the vista movie maker crash when rendering, I just renamed this folder
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter
Renamed DSFilter to something else. Vista Movie Maker no longer crashes and when I want to use Nero again, just rename DSFilter back to normal.
fundseek

Re: Help Needed!! Windows Movie Maker Crashes When Publishing Movie

you may want to try this. It fixed my problem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D9q27SpfJk

method 2 worked for me

--
fundseek