I've lost my project!

Schatz

I've lost my project!
I began to publish a movie project but was unable to complete the process at
the time. Later, when I went to call up my project to finish the
publication, my entire project was gone! Where did it go and can I get it
back??? I'm running Vista Ultimate.

Please help.
Graham Hughes

Re: I've lost my project!
Did you save it?
What was the name?
Have you used the search facility to look for this name?

--

Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"Schatz" <Schatz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I began to publish a movie project but was unable to complete the process
>at
> the time. Later, when I went to call up my project to finish the
> publication, my entire project was gone! Where did it go and can I get it
> back??? I'm running Vista Ultimate.
>
> Please help.

Schatz

Re: I've lost my project!

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> Did you save it?
> What was the name?
> Have you used the search facility to look for this name?
>
> --

I saved it and did a search for it on my entire hard drive to no avail. The
only thing I had left was the project title with 0 bytes. But, quite by
accident, I did a right click on something and selected "previous versions"
and a list of all the shadow copies appeared. So, I was able to restore the
project from there.

Maybe some instructions should be included in Movie Maker about this along
with fixing the bug in DVD maker that if you do not complete the publishing
process it deletes the content of your current project. It seems that it
should have saved all the work done up to that point (selecting intro music,
background scene, etc.) into a temp file for retrieval.

Thanks for your response.