Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Movie Maker green screen

microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2007
dbnff128
 

Posts: n/a
Movie Maker green screen
When I import to movie maker from recordered tv and try to preview I get a
green screen but the audia works.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2007
Graham Hughes
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Movie Maker green screen
It could be that your version of MM does not support the file type you are
importing, try converting it to wmv.


--

Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media
www.myvideoproblems.com


"dbnff128" <dbnff128@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:4BF1B99A-F5BB-4FDE-87FE-C1AF41544999@microsoft.com...
> When I import to movie maker from recordered tv and try to preview I get a
> green screen but the audia works.



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-27-2007
Frank Niron
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Movie Maker green screen
converting to AVI could be solution
http://www.visifly.com/VisiCrop

"dbnff128" wrote:

> When I import to movie maker from recordered tv and try to preview I get a
> green screen but the audia works.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-04-2007
charris
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Movie Maker green screen
I'm having the same problem with Windows Movie Maker 6 which comes with Vista
Home Premium. It worked perfectly with dvr-ms files for 6 months and has
stopped working. Same deal - black (or sometimes green) but audio is fine.
This program is meant to work directly with dvr-ms files. Found reference to
the problem on a Microsoft site and they indicate codecs problems and direct
you to all the codecs one can download but I'm lost. What codec would I need?
Hate to just randomly download codecs and install and mess thngs up even
more. Sounds like a number of people are having this problem so would love to
see this resolved. Any answers out there?

"dbnff128" wrote:

> When I import to movie maker from recordered tv and try to preview I get a
> green screen but the audia works.

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-04-2007
Cal Bear '66
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Movie Maker green screen
Download a free little utility called GSpot (Google) that will analyze your
video and tell you what codec it uses.

You are right to not randomly download and install codecs. Avoid "coded packs".
Only download and install codecs from the codec manufacturer.


I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!


"charris" <charris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:A597425A-29A5-462F-B2EA-DC16F2405BDF@microsoft.com...
> I'm having the same problem with Windows Movie Maker 6 which comes with Vista
> Home Premium. It worked perfectly with dvr-ms files for 6 months and has
> stopped working. Same deal - black (or sometimes green) but audio is fine.
> This program is meant to work directly with dvr-ms files. Found reference to
> the problem on a Microsoft site and they indicate codecs problems and direct
> you to all the codecs one can download but I'm lost. What codec would I need?
> Hate to just randomly download codecs and install and mess thngs up even
> more. Sounds like a number of people are having this problem so would love to
> see this resolved. Any answers out there?
>
> "dbnff128" wrote:
>
>> When I import to movie maker from recordered tv and try to preview I get a
>> green screen but the audia works.



Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2007
charris
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Movie Maker green screen
Happy update to report - I hope all you that are having the same trouble get
yours fixed also. Even though my HP driver scanner told me all my drivers
were up to date, I visited the AMD website and found a new driver package for
my ATI Radeon video card. Downloaded and installed and voila! dvr-ms files
are working again withing WMM.

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> Download a free little utility called GSpot (Google) that will analyze your
> video and tell you what codec it uses.
>
> You are right to not randomly download and install codecs. Avoid "coded packs".
> Only download and install codecs from the codec manufacturer.
>
>
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>
>
> "charris" <charris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:A597425A-29A5-462F-B2EA-DC16F2405BDF@microsoft.com...
> > I'm having the same problem with Windows Movie Maker 6 which comes with Vista
> > Home Premium. It worked perfectly with dvr-ms files for 6 months and has
> > stopped working. Same deal - black (or sometimes green) but audio is fine.
> > This program is meant to work directly with dvr-ms files. Found reference to
> > the problem on a Microsoft site and they indicate codecs problems and direct
> > you to all the codecs one can download but I'm lost. What codec would I need?
> > Hate to just randomly download codecs and install and mess thngs up even
> > more. Sounds like a number of people are having this problem so would love to
> > see this resolved. Any answers out there?
> >
> > "dbnff128" wrote:
> >
> >> When I import to movie maker from recordered tv and try to preview I get a
> >> green screen but the audia works.

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2007
mopar
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Movie Maker green screen
Hi. I am having the same problem. It was working perfectly for about six
months and now just a green screen in the preview window. I have updated my
driver and still no joy. Please help?

"charris" wrote:

> Happy update to report - I hope all you that are having the same trouble get
> yours fixed also. Even though my HP driver scanner told me all my drivers
> were up to date, I visited the AMD website and found a new driver package for
> my ATI Radeon video card. Downloaded and installed and voila! dvr-ms files
> are working again withing WMM.
>
> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
> > Download a free little utility called GSpot (Google) that will analyze your
> > video and tell you what codec it uses.
> >
> > You are right to not randomly download and install codecs. Avoid "coded packs".
> > Only download and install codecs from the codec manufacturer.
> >
> >
> > I Bleed Blue and Gold
> > GO BEARS!
> >
> >
> > "charris" <charris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:A597425A-29A5-462F-B2EA-DC16F2405BDF@microsoft.com...
> > > I'm having the same problem with Windows Movie Maker 6 which comes with Vista
> > > Home Premium. It worked perfectly with dvr-ms files for 6 months and has
> > > stopped working. Same deal - black (or sometimes green) but audio is fine.
> > > This program is meant to work directly with dvr-ms files. Found reference to
> > > the problem on a Microsoft site and they indicate codecs problems and direct
> > > you to all the codecs one can download but I'm lost. What codec would I need?
> > > Hate to just randomly download codecs and install and mess thngs up even
> > > more. Sounds like a number of people are having this problem so would love to
> > > see this resolved. Any answers out there?
> > >
> > > "dbnff128" wrote:
> > >
> > >> When I import to movie maker from recordered tv and try to preview I get a
> > >> green screen but the audia works.

> >
> >

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Movie Maker and annoying green bar Chris microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 1 03-18-2010 05:14
Movie Maker Green Bar =?Utf-8?B?TWFyayBNYXNpYWs=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 24 08-24-2009 20:35
RE: Windows Movie Maker - Green Strip Problem =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZSBLaW5kZXI=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 4 06-29-2009 22:13
Windows Movie Maker turned green michael.harmsen@gmail.com microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 4 06-30-2007 11:25
Window Movie Maker, Publish File, Green Line =?Utf-8?B?Tml0aW5nYWxlNzg=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 0 03-14-2007 08:11




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 22:16.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120