Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Extract sound from avi file

microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2007
Michael
 

Posts: n/a
Extract sound from avi file
With Vista Home premium, is it possible to extract the sound from an avi file
and burn to a CD?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2007
Graham Hughes
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Extract sound from avi file
What sort of avi file? dv.avi? Drop it into MM, then save as an audio file.
What sort of file do you want on the cd?
cda, you'll need an app to burn that, otherwise windows will burn a data cd
with the wav file.

--

Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media
www.myvideoproblems.com


"Michael" <ivan@tex.com> wrote in message
news:99D93F0D-FB78-406A-85F0-EF9BB0D03AC9@microsoft.com...
> With Vista Home premium, is it possible to extract the sound from an avi
> file
> and burn to a CD?



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2007
Michael
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Extract sound from avi file
It's a video recording from a digital camera. I have it in MM, how do I save
as audio file?

I want a file I can play in a CD player. Assuming that is cda, what app(s)
do you suggest?


"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> What sort of avi file? dv.avi? Drop it into MM, then save as an audio file.
> What sort of file do you want on the cd?
> cda, you'll need an app to burn that, otherwise windows will burn a data cd
> with the wav file.
>
> --
>
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.myvideoproblems.com
>
>
> "Michael" <ivan@tex.com> wrote in message
> news:99D93F0D-FB78-406A-85F0-EF9BB0D03AC9@microsoft.com...
> > With Vista Home premium, is it possible to extract the sound from an avi
> > file
> > and burn to a CD?

>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-02-2007
Graham Hughes
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Extract sound from avi file
Sorry for the delay.
Froma digital camera the file may not be compatible, so you may need to
convert it to a wmv. If it does work in MM, then when you droop the file in
drop it into the audio section and save as a wav file. Then google for an
app that can convert wav to cda. I use adobe audition, but it'll be a bit
pricey just for this.

--

Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media
www.myvideoproblems.com


"Michael" <ivan@tex.com> wrote in message
news:55525C66-9CC3-4569-8D90-7405649D1714@microsoft.com...
> It's a video recording from a digital camera. I have it in MM, how do I
> save
> as audio file?
>
> I want a file I can play in a CD player. Assuming that is cda, what
> app(s)
> do you suggest?
>
>
> "Graham Hughes" wrote:
>
>> What sort of avi file? dv.avi? Drop it into MM, then save as an audio
>> file.
>> What sort of file do you want on the cd?
>> cda, you'll need an app to burn that, otherwise windows will burn a data
>> cd
>> with the wav file.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Graham Hughes
>> MVP Digital Media
>> www.myvideoproblems.com
>>
>>
>> "Michael" <ivan@tex.com> wrote in message
>> news:99D93F0D-FB78-406A-85F0-EF9BB0D03AC9@microsoft.com...
>> > With Vista Home premium, is it possible to extract the sound from an
>> > avi
>> > file
>> > and burn to a CD?

>>
>>
>>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Displaying an AVI file José microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 45 11-03-2007 15:15
Vista Ultimate Movie Maker plays only sound from an .avi import GWJ microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 2 08-16-2007 17:52
WMP plays video avi but no sound tucker microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 0 07-30-2007 05:46
Extract a zip file Christian microsoft.public.windows.vista.security 2 05-28-2007 23:21
Vedere i File AVI massimo microsoft.public.it.windows.vista 6 05-17-2007 18:10




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 13:23.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120