Photo Gallery burn option lost my existing photo JPEG files

TechoMom

Photo Gallery burn option lost my existing photo JPEG files
A DVD +RW contained JPEQ photo files created by ROXIO.
Used Windows Photo Gallery to add 24 new files.
Clicked on Burn option, it came back with error message
that it could not use this CD.
After that, this DVD that contained over 2.0 GB of photos
now shows no files and 0 bytes free.
Any ideas anyone? I have 3 years of pictures missing
and am very concerned.
--
Techo Mom
Adam Albright

Re: Photo Gallery burn option lost my existing photo JPEG files
On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 14:30:01 -0700, TechoMom
<TechoMom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>A DVD +RW contained JPEQ photo files created by ROXIO.
>Used Windows Photo Gallery to add 24 new files.
>Clicked on Burn option, it came back with error message
>that it could not use this CD.
>After that, this DVD that contained over 2.0 GB of photos
>now shows no files and 0 bytes free.
>Any ideas anyone? I have 3 years of pictures missing
>and am very concerned.

What if anything does Windows Explorer show for this disc?

If nothing don't give up yet. Open a command prompt, use the old DOS
syntax to "copy" any files to one of your hard drives. I hope you
didn't let Roxio or Photo Gallery reformat the disc. If so, and you
don't have backups, they're gone.

While there are services (use Google to find some) that may be able to
recover "erased" files from a DVD the process is haphazard at best and
VERY expensive, and I mean VERY expensive, so probably not a good
option unless their priceless to you.

TechoMom

Re: Photo Gallery burn option lost my existing photo JPEG files
Windows Explorer shows no files. DOS shows "The file or directory is
corrupted and unreadable".
My concern is with Windows Photo Gallery.
If it is going to Re-Format your CD or DVD every time you perform a burn,
at least it could warn the user to be courteous.
It never mentioned it was formating it. Only that it could not burn to this
CD. It never even mentioned he thought it was a DVD in the first place.
--
Techo Mom