Vista Wallpaper

JK

Vista Wallpaper
I am unable to center my wallpaper on my laptop. Any pictures i use move to
the right and extend off the screen. I've tried differend resolutions and
even called HP Helpdesk and no one has been able to figure out why this is
happening. HELP!!
JW

Re: Vista Wallpaper
Does this problem occur with both the standard available Vista Wallpaper
options or only with your own pictures?
Do the different wallpaper position options have any effect on this problem?

"JK" <JK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am unable to center my wallpaper on my laptop. Any pictures i use move
> the right and extend off the screen. I've tried differend resolutions and
> even called HP Helpdesk and no one has been able to figure out why this is
> happening. HELP!!

JK

Re: Vista Wallpaper
This happens with Vista Wallpaper and regular pictures. It's like my desktop
is extended to the right, but all my settings are correct. As far as other
positions, they all move to the right except for tile.

"JW" wrote:

> Does this problem occur with both the standard available Vista Wallpaper
> options or only with your own pictures?
> Do the different wallpaper position options have any effect on this problem?
>
> "JK" <JK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am unable to center my wallpaper on my laptop. Any pictures i use move
> > the right and extend off the screen. I've tried differend resolutions and
> > even called HP Helpdesk and no one has been able to figure out why this is
> > happening. HELP!!

JW

Re: Vista Wallpaper
Strange. If your whole desktop is extended to the right then if you
maximize a window you would not see all of the right side. Are you able to
see all of a maximized window?

> This happens with Vista Wallpaper and regular pictures. It's like my
> desktop
> is extended to the right, but all my settings are correct. As far as
> other
> positions, they all move to the right except for tile.
>
> "JW" wrote:
>
>> Does this problem occur with both the standard available Vista Wallpaper
>> options or only with your own pictures?
>> Do the different wallpaper position options have any effect on this
>> problem?
>>
>> "JK" <JK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am unable to center my wallpaper on my laptop. Any pictures i use
>> >move
>> > the right and extend off the screen. I've tried differend resolutions
>> > and
>> > even called HP Helpdesk and no one has been able to figure out why this
>> > is
>> > happening. HELP!!

JK

Re: Vista Wallpaper
That's what's wierd about this, my windows are fine. It's just my
background/wallpaper.

"JW" wrote:

> Strange. If your whole desktop is extended to the right then if you
> maximize a window you would not see all of the right side. Are you able to
> see all of a maximized window?
>
> "JK" <JK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > This happens with Vista Wallpaper and regular pictures. It's like my
> > desktop
> > is extended to the right, but all my settings are correct. As far as
> > other
> > positions, they all move to the right except for tile.
> >
> > "JW" wrote:
> >
> >> Does this problem occur with both the standard available Vista Wallpaper
> >> options or only with your own pictures?
> >> Do the different wallpaper position options have any effect on this
> >> problem?

JW

Re: Vista Wallpaper
Strange,
What is the native resolution of your laptop display and what is the
resolution of the images you are trying to use as Wallpaper?