.wma files with DRM error C00D11B1

DRBE

.wma files with DRM error C00D11B1
I'm having the same hassle I've noted by others. ie since setting up a new
PC with VISTA, when I try to play WMA files, Windows Media says checking
digita rights, and then comes back with the error
"Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file. For
additional assistance, click Web Help."

clicking on the web help refers to error C00D11B1. I tried the suggestions
as well as some of those posted here, but no success so far.

I'd appreciate any advice.
regards
Bruce
immexicansostfu

RE: .wma files with DRM error C00D11B1
i have also been having the same problems as bruce and we have had no
solution or responses to this problem. help plz?

"DRBE" wrote:

> I'm having the same hassle I've noted by others. ie since setting up a new
> PC with VISTA, when I try to play WMA files, Windows Media says checking
> digita rights, and then comes back with the error
> "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file. For
> additional assistance, click Web Help."
>
> clicking on the web help refers to error C00D11B1. I tried the suggestions
> as well as some of those posted here, but no success so far.
>
> I'd appreciate any advice.
> regards
> Bruce

mlg

Re: .wma files with DRM error C00D11B1

After trying many of the posted suggestions with disappointing results,
the following worked for me and all my media files have been
trouble-free for months now. I posted this solution on other sites, but
in case you didn't see, I post it here for your convenience. My system
uses Windows Vista Home Premium, all of my files are legitimately
acquired, and these instructions presume the same.

After making sure all the updates were current and drivers up-to-date,
I turned off Windows Media Player, the TIVO server, which I happen to
have and the Sidebar.

The first step following allows you to SEE folders and files that are
otherwise hidden.

FIRST STEP:
• Start
• Type "Folder Options" in search bar, click "Folder Options"
folder at the top of the search results list to open.
• Click "View" tab
• Under "Hidden files and folders" CLICK "Show hidden files and
folders"
• Two lines further, UNCLICK Hide protected operating system
files (Recommended)
• In Warning Window pop-up select Yes
• In Folder Options window, select Okay
Now I had the ability to view all files.

SECOND STEP
Found two icons of Notepad entries for "desktop configuration" on the
desktop. The first had this copy:

[.ShellClassInfo]
LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell 32.dll,-21769

The second INCLUDED this last line:
IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183

I deleted the Notepad desktop configuration that did NOT have the
additional line of copy. I don't know what any of that stuff means, but
it didn't seem right to have both.

THIRD STEP, opened folder
• c:\programdata\microsoft\DRM
• Found an empty Server folder
• Kept that window open

• Opened a new window and went to
• c:\programdata\microsoft\windows\DRM
• Found a Cache folder and several gibberish (to me) files.
COPIED the Server folder from the first window into this DRM folder.

Closed both windows.
• Went to URL address on the internet
http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/...en/indivit.asp
• Clicked "Upgrade"
Closed Internet Explorer

FOURTH STEP
Opened Windows Media Player. Follow along:
Tools;
Plug-Ins;
Options;
Highlighted Audio DSP;
UNCHECKED Yahoo Music Jukebox which I happen to have on my system -- if
there had been anything else, I would have unchecked everything;
Clicked Okay and stepped out of these windows;
Closed Windows Media Player.

FIFTH STEP
Follow along to finalize:
• Start
• Type "Folder Options" in search bar, click "Folder Options"
folder at the top of the search results list to open.
• Click "View" tab
• Under "Hidden files and folders" UNCLICK Show hidden files and
folders
• Two lines further, CLICK Hide protected operating system files
(Recommended)
• In Folder Options window, select Okay
I no longer had or needed the ability to view hidden files.

Reboot the system. I hope this solves your trouble. -- Regards, Meg

--
mlg
mlg's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=31248

http://forums.techarena.in

DRBE

RE: .wma files with DRM error C00D11B1
I emailed the company I bought the songs from. Apparently VISTA is well
known to have a problem with digital rights.
Bruce