Vista Ultimate 64 MC problems

Ctrl Phreak

Vista Ultimate 64 MC problems

First let me say, like most, I got here google searching. I appreciate
and will be happy to lend whatever technical assistance I can in the
future, but it is amazing how combative some people are when looking
for help from you folks. At least know that I am thankful for any
support you can lend.

All I can assume is happening is that Media Center in ultimate 64 bit
edition's media center is by default using the 64 bit version of the
browser, as most every place I try and navigate to inside of it fails,
suggesting that the media center specific sites do not support media
center browsing.

I came to this conclusion because several of them require flash player,
and when downloading/installing flash player MC still cannot browse
there (and there is no flash player currently for 64 bit).

My questions are, Is that indeed what is happening?
and if so; How can I force MC to use the 32 bit browser?

--
Ctrl Phreak
Ctrl Phreak's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=31542

http://forums.techarena.in

Barb Bowman

Re: Vista Ultimate 64 MC problems
are you talking about content accessed from inside the Media Center
interface?

or are you speaking about Internet Explorer? By default, x64
ultimate uses the 32 bit version of IE and flash should install.

On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 22:58:06 +0530, Ctrl Phreak
<Ctrl.Phreak.2xbqnj@DoNotSpam.com> wrote:

>First let me say, like most, I got here google searching. I appreciate
>and will be happy to lend whatever technical assistance I can in the
>future, but it is amazing how combative some people are when looking
>for help from you folks. At least know that I am thankful for any
>support you can lend.
>
>All I can assume is happening is that Media Center in ultimate 64 bit
>edition's media center is by default using the 64 bit version of the
>browser, as most every place I try and navigate to inside of it fails,
>suggesting that the media center specific sites do not support media
>center browsing.
>
>I came to this conclusion because several of them require flash player,
>and when downloading/installing flash player MC still cannot browse
>there (and there is no flash player currently for 64 bit).
>
>My questions are, Is that indeed what is happening?
>and if so; How can I force MC to use the 32 bit browser?

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
Ctrl Phreak

Re: Vista Ultimate 64 MC problems

I am indeed talking about content accessed from within the media center
interface.

I can use the 32 bit IE interface with flash with no problem. It
appears to me, and I am asking for clarification, if the 64 bit media
center interface is using a 64 bit version of IE, as flash content
cannot be accessed from the media center. I have both the 32 bit and 64
bit versions of vista ultimate. I am a system builder of higher end
equipment and am attempting to bundle the 64 bit version... but the
media center is crippled in 64.

What I am asking is, does the media center, within the 64 bit version
of vista ultimate, use the 64 bit IE interface, and if so, is there a
registry value I can edit to force it to use the 32 bit version bundled
in the OS?

--
Ctrl Phreak
Ctrl Phreak's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=31542
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=822331

http://forums.techarena.in

Barb Bowman

Re: Vista Ultimate 64 MC problems
understood. AFAIK there is no way to force/regedit the 64 bit
version to use 32 bit IE.

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP