Can't play movies from my camera-kodak z612

Steve & Ellin

Can't play movies from my camera-kodak z612
I can upload pictures and movie clips from my camera, but the movies cause
my computer to crash, when I play them. Either Kodak Easyshare shuts down
or I get that feared blue screen. I have upload the vista upgrade from
Kodak, all to no avail. I have loaded the same pictures onto my old
computer, running xp, and all is fine. The computer with which I am having
all this trouble is an HP 8100n with 3Gig of Ram, 500 Gig hard drive running
windows Vista. I would appreciate any and all help to fix this problem.

steve

mts

RE: Can't play movies from my camera-kodak z612

"Steve & Ellin" wrote:

> I can upload pictures and movie clips from my camera, but the movies cause
> my computer to crash, when I play them. Either Kodak Easyshare shuts down
> or I get that feared blue screen. I have upload the vista upgrade from
> Kodak, all to no avail. I have loaded the same pictures onto my old
> computer, running xp, and all is fine. The computer with which I am having
> all this trouble is an HP 8100n with 3Gig of Ram, 500 Gig hard drive running
> windows Vista. I would appreciate any and all help to fix this problem.
>

> steve

mts

RE: Can't play movies from my camera-kodak z612
I am having the same problem. I uninstalled Kodak at their suggestion but
tried to load again tonight so I can rescue my videos...crash! I tried to
play a video and the sound is great but the picture begins to pixelate and
then shuts down. Am I doomed to lose all of my videos?? Orginally the
culprit seemed to be Sonic Solutions which doesn't get along well with Vista.
I have the Z650 on a dock if that helps.

"Steve & Ellin" wrote:

> I can upload pictures and movie clips from my camera, but the movies cause
> my computer to crash, when I play them. Either Kodak Easyshare shuts down
> or I get that feared blue screen. I have upload the vista upgrade from
> Kodak, all to no avail. I have loaded the same pictures onto my old
> computer, running xp, and all is fine. The computer with which I am having
> all this trouble is an HP 8100n with 3Gig of Ram, 500 Gig hard drive running
> windows Vista. I would appreciate any and all help to fix this problem.
>

> steve

Cal Bear '66

Re: Can't play movies from my camera-kodak z612
Do you have the latest version of Apple's QuickTime which is necessary to play
the videos (MPEG-4) captured by the Z650?

http://kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.j...q-locale=en_US

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!