.AVI files and Movie Maker

Chris

.AVI files and Movie Maker
I have Vista Ultimate.
I took several clips with my casio digital camera, which records .avi files.
When I try to import these clips to Movie Maker to make one larger clip or
add music, etc, I get an error message saying "Unspeciffied error"

What can I do to solve this and edit my movies?
Thank you
Cal Bear '66

Re: .AVI files and Movie Maker
Codec problem? Does Casio have any Vista updates for your camera?

You can download a free little utility, GSpot (use Google) that will analyze
your clips and tell you if you have the proper codec installed.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

>I have Vista Ultimate.
> I took several clips with my casio digital camera, which records .avi files.
> When I try to import these clips to Movie Maker to make one larger clip or
> add music, etc, I get an error message saying "Unspeciffied error"
>
> What can I do to solve this and edit my movies?
> Thank you

Chris

Re: .AVI files and Movie Maker
Good idea, I'm gonna give it a try, thank you so much
Chris

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> Codec problem? Does Casio have any Vista updates for your camera?
>
> You can download a free little utility, GSpot (use Google) that will analyze
> your clips and tell you if you have the proper codec installed.
>

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have Vista Ultimate.
> > I took several clips with my casio digital camera, which records .avi files.
> > When I try to import these clips to Movie Maker to make one larger clip or
> > add music, etc, I get an error message saying "Unspeciffied error"
> >
> > What can I do to solve this and edit my movies?
> > Thank you

Cal Bear '66

Re: .AVI files and Movie Maker
You're welcome.

Good luck.

P.S. Whatever you do, avoid downloading any "codec packs" -- they can cause
many problems that are hard to diagnose and difficult to resolve. AVI is just a
"wrapper" and can use several codecs. Download and install codecs ONLY from the
manufacturer of the codec.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!