R&R installer help

scratchgolfer05

R&R installer help
when i try to play certain song files on my computer, i get a pop up saying i
have to run r&R installer, and i agree, then it says i have to restart my
machine to continue processing, but it doesn't work and i cant play the
songs, whats going on?
Cal Bear '66

Re: R&R installer help
What type (what extension) of "certain song files"? And only on these types of
files?

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"scratchgolfer05" <scratchgolfer05@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when i try to play certain song files on my computer, i get a pop up saying i
> have to run r&R installer, and i agree, then it says i have to restart my
> machine to continue processing, but it doesn't work and i cant play the
> songs, whats going on?

Vincent Vuong

Re: R&R installer help
Okay, I know for a fact that the system I use to download and play music is
legally sound and the fact that Microsoft continues to use different
firewalls to block legal use can be considered invasion of privacy -- to
prevent a person from doing something that is legal and within the limits of
law/public policy, in privacy.

Also, we are paying for the time and use of individual files and preventing
users from playing music is wasting our money which I think I will sue for if
this is not fixed.

I did not buy Vista making a contract with a COMMERCIAL entity to watched
over and prodded whenever needed. This is a commercial taking of my time and
energy to deal with commercial policing. Someone, if not me, should sue
Microsoft.

This is ridiculous! Vista needs to be taken off the market as completely
defective and all consumers reimbursed. I'm going to consumer bureaus and
affairs agencies with this.

vvuong314@gmail.com

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> What type (what extension) of "certain song files"? And only on these types of
> files?
>

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "scratchgolfer05" <scratchgolfer05@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > when i try to play certain song files on my computer, i get a pop up saying i
> > have to run r&R installer, and i agree, then it says i have to restart my
> > machine to continue processing, but it doesn't work and i cant play the
> > songs, whats going on?

Cal Bear '66

Re: R&R installer help
And just what does your peevish little rant have to do with the OP's problem?

Get a life little man!

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Vincent Vuong" <Vincent Vuong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Okay, I know for a fact that the system I use to download and play music is
> legally sound and the fact that Microsoft continues to use different
> firewalls to block legal use can be considered invasion of privacy -- to
> prevent a person from doing something that is legal and within the limits of
> law/public policy, in privacy.
>
> Also, we are paying for the time and use of individual files and preventing
> users from playing music is wasting our money which I think I will sue for if
> this is not fixed.
>
> I did not buy Vista making a contract with a COMMERCIAL entity to watched
> over and prodded whenever needed. This is a commercial taking of my time and
> energy to deal with commercial policing. Someone, if not me, should sue
> Microsoft.
>
> This is ridiculous! Vista needs to be taken off the market as completely
> defective and all consumers reimbursed. I'm going to consumer bureaus and
> affairs agencies with this.
>
> vvuong314@gmail.com
>
> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> What type (what extension) of "certain song files"? And only on these types
>> of
>> files?
>>

>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>

>> "scratchgolfer05" <scratchgolfer05@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > when i try to play certain song files on my computer, i get a pop up saying
>> > have to run r&R installer, and i agree, then it says i have to restart my
>> > machine to continue processing, but it doesn't work and i cant play the
>> > songs, whats going on?

oralevl16

Re: R&R installer help
Im having the same problem with songs (WMA) that i downloaded from
Vcast(verizon)
i purchased these songs so why do i have to continuously reinstall the
revocation and renewal installer and restart my computer?
please help

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> And just what does your peevish little rant have to do with the OP's problem?
>
> Get a life little man!
>

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "Vincent Vuong" <Vincent Vuong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Okay, I know for a fact that the system I use to download and play music is
> > legally sound and the fact that Microsoft continues to use different
> > firewalls to block legal use can be considered invasion of privacy -- to
> > prevent a person from doing something that is legal and within the limits of
> > law/public policy, in privacy.
> >
> > Also, we are paying for the time and use of individual files and preventing
> > users from playing music is wasting our money which I think I will sue for if
> > this is not fixed.
> >
> > I did not buy Vista making a contract with a COMMERCIAL entity to watched
> > over and prodded whenever needed. This is a commercial taking of my time and
> > energy to deal with commercial policing. Someone, if not me, should sue
> > Microsoft.
> >
> > This is ridiculous! Vista needs to be taken off the market as completely
> > defective and all consumers reimbursed. I'm going to consumer bureaus and
> > affairs agencies with this.
> >
> > vvuong314@gmail.com
> >
> > "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
> >
> >> What type (what extension) of "certain song files"? And only on these types
> >> of
> >> files?
> >>

> >> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> >> GO BEARS!
> >>

> >> "scratchgolfer05" <scratchgolfer05@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message

nat123

Re: R&R installer help

I have the same problem, also with WMA files I downloaded legally and
paid for.
Hey Bear'66, where r u now. I see u were pretty quick to reply to the
"peevish little rant" - u sbe more understanding some of us went born to
spend all our time pampering to our computer - used to be they were a
tool - u know to help u do stuff... now i seem to be working for it
instead....

So if any one has a solution, i c lots of posts with the problem so a
solution would be great!

--
nat123