Windows Photo Gallery images have a green tint

loneranger1

Windows Photo Gallery images have a green tint
My windows photo gallery had been working fine. The last couple of days i
have noticed that when i open a image, it is discolored and has a green tint.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Can Windows Photo Gallery be reinstalled?

Thanks
Dave

Re: Windows Photo Gallery images have a green tint
That tint is probably caused by a bad color profile for your monitor.

Start - Control Panel - Color Management
Device tab - select Display in the pull-down box
highlight the profile
click on Remove

"loneranger1" <loneranger1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My windows photo gallery had been working fine. The last couple of days i
> have noticed that when i open a image, it is discolored and has a green
> tint.
>

> Any ideas on how to fix this?
>
> Can Windows Photo Gallery be reinstalled?
>
> Thanks

Steve

Re: Windows Photo Gallery images have a green tint
I have the same trouble only instead of a green back round that bleeds
through into my pictures the back round is a nasty looking orange.

"Dave" <dave@beepbeep.com> wrote in message
> That tint is probably caused by a bad color profile for your monitor.
>
> Start - Control Panel - Color Management
> Device tab - select Display in the pull-down box
> highlight the profile
> click on Remove
>

> "loneranger1" <loneranger1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> My windows photo gallery had been working fine. The last couple of days
>> have noticed that when i open a image, it is discolored and has a green
>> tint.
>>

>> Any ideas on how to fix this?
>>
>> Can Windows Photo Gallery be reinstalled?
>>
>> Thanks

Cal Bear '66

Re: Windows Photo Gallery images have a green tint
Control Panel (Classic view) > Color Management > highlight the ICC Profile and
press the Remove button.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Steve" <saw1959@mchsi.remove.com> wrote in message
>I have the same trouble only instead of a green back round that bleeds through
>into my pictures the back round is a nasty looking orange.
>

> "Dave" <dave@beepbeep.com> wrote in message
>> That tint is probably caused by a bad color profile for your monitor.
>>
>> Start - Control Panel - Color Management
>> Device tab - select Display in the pull-down box
>> highlight the profile
>> click on Remove
>>

>> "loneranger1" <loneranger1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> My windows photo gallery had been working fine. The last couple of days i
>>> have noticed that when i open a image, it is discolored and has a green
>>> tint.
>>>

>>> Any ideas on how to fix this?
>>>
>>> Can Windows Photo Gallery be reinstalled?
>>>
>>> Thanks

Steve

Re: Windows Photo Gallery images have a green tint
Many thanks from a fellow Bears fan. Now if you could just find us an
offense...

"Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
> Control Panel (Classic view) > Color Management > highlight the ICC
> Profile and press the Remove button.
>

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "Steve" <saw1959@mchsi.remove.com> wrote in message
>>I have the same trouble only instead of a green back round that bleeds
>>through into my pictures the back round is a nasty looking orange.
>>

>> "Dave" <dave@beepbeep.com> wrote in message
>>> That tint is probably caused by a bad color profile for your monitor.
>>>
>>> Start - Control Panel - Color Management
>>> Device tab - select Display in the pull-down box
>>> highlight the profile
>>> click on Remove

Cal Bear '66

Re: Windows Photo Gallery images have a green tint
NOT the Chicago Bears -- the California Golden Bears (check out the California
state flag) of the University of California, Berkeley.