movie maker stops at 80.9% then get error message

kgreen

movie maker stops at 80.9% then get error message
I am running windows Vista on an emachines computer. It purchased it new in
Feburary. I created 1 video with scaned pictures and added music first thing
and "published" my movie with windows movie maker and it worked fine. Made
several copies of the movie without problem. Now when I try to do the excat
same thing it won't work. I have tried to change speed for recording and that
didn't work. The program starts and then stalls at 80.9% (and goes from
"encoding" to "burning"). Then it jumps to 99.8%, says "finishing disc" and
the the disc ejects and I get this error message... "Cannot create the DVD.
The DVD could not be burned because an error occurred. Try using another
blank disc and make sure that your DVD burner is connected and working
properly." I have used 3 blank disc so far.
I do not have any other movie making software installed. This is a short
movie (3.55 minutes) with still pictures and music. I used google to look for
a solution but only found many people with the same problem I have and no
answer. Using MS help is very difficult. I have looked at the FAQ and no
answer there. Please help.
ad7110

RE: movie maker stops at 80.9% then get error message
I had a similar problem when I bought my new laptop. I was trying to burn a
movie to DVD. I would get the same message at the end. I checked the DVD's I
was using (from last computer) to create the DVD and found they were not
compatible with my new DVD burner. I know this seems stupid but be sure you
get the writing speed and format correct. I bought new DVD's with correct
burn speed etc... and have had no problems since. hope that helps.