WMP in Vista

bostonblakie

WMP in Vista
I am having trouble with Windows Media Player in my Vista Home Premium
operating system. It shows as being installed but I am unable to open it or
get it to play any files. I am not geek enough to go beyond basic stuff, so
need some help. I have noticed numerous postings regading similar problems. I
would like to know if MS has anyone addressing this issue. thanks
--
bostonblakie

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...pictures_video
DZigas

RE: WMP in Vista
I am having what sounds like the same trouble -- I just posted earlier today.
Are you getting a "files missing" type error message, as I am? Most times,
DVD's won't play, but occasionally they do, and it is bad -- choppy flow,
barely in sync. It's really disgraceful that no one from MS is responding,
given the hype and fanfare around Vista. -- David

"bostonblakie" wrote:

> I am having trouble with Windows Media Player in my Vista Home Premium
> operating system. It shows as being installed but I am unable to open it or
> get it to play any files. I am not geek enough to go beyond basic stuff, so
> need some help. I have noticed numerous postings regading similar problems. I
> would like to know if MS has anyone addressing this issue. thanks
> --
> bostonblakie
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...pictures_video

bostonblakie

RE: WMP in Vista
I have not heard anything new since my last post. No, I'm not getting any
error messages regarding WMP. As far as I can tell it's there but not doing
anything. I can't figure if some other app has taken over & shut it down.
Wish MS or a Geek would give me some advice. I don't really need WMP as other
apps working fine but would like to have it as an option.
--
bostonblakie