cant stretch the desktop to full screen

Pictureshowman

cant stretch the desktop to full screen
just changed from XP to Vista Ultimate and I cant find where to stretch the
Desktop to full screen as I now only have the centre with a black band on
each side. Suggestions please?
--
Only seek what you really want and need
Dave

Re: cant stretch the desktop to full screen
right-click on the desktop, select Personalize -
Desktop Background
at the bottom, "How should the picture be positioned"
select the first button (Fit to screen)
ok

"Pictureshowman" <Pictureshowman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> just changed from XP to Vista Ultimate and I cant find where to stretch
> the
> Desktop to full screen as I now only have the centre with a black band on
> each side. Suggestions please?
> --
> Only seek what you really want and need

Cal Bear '66

Re: cant stretch the desktop to full screen
Are you using a CRT monitor or an LCD? If an LCD, what is the "native
resolution"?

Right click on the Desktop, select Personalize, click "Display Settings" link,
use the Resolution slider to adjust to the proper resolution (native resolution
for LCD) for your monitor.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Pictureshowman" <Pictureshowman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> just changed from XP to Vista Ultimate and I cant find where to stretch the
> Desktop to full screen as I now only have the centre with a black band on
> each side. Suggestions please?
> --
> Only seek what you really want and need

Pictureshowman

Re: cant stretch the desktop to full screen
Acer 2602 26" LCD and Ive tried both those option with no joy. I tried
changing to 16:9 aspect but this only stretched it sideways and did not keep
the correct aspect ratio.
--

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> Are you using a CRT monitor or an LCD? If an LCD, what is the "native
> resolution"?
>
> Right click on the Desktop, select Personalize, click "Display Settings" link,
> use the Resolution slider to adjust to the proper resolution (native resolution
> for LCD) for your monitor.
>

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "Pictureshowman" <Pictureshowman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > just changed from XP to Vista Ultimate and I cant find where to stretch the
> > Desktop to full screen as I now only have the centre with a black band on
> > each side. Suggestions please?
> > --
> > Only seek what you really want and need

Cal Bear '66

Re: cant stretch the desktop to full screen
Right click on the Desktop, select Personalize, click "Display Settings" link,
click "Advanced Settings..." button, click "List All Modes..." button, is the
native resolution of your monitor listed there?

Does Acer have any "driver (.inf)" files for your monitor?

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

> Acer 2602 26" LCD and Ive tried both those option with no joy. I tried
> changing to 16:9 aspect but this only stretched it sideways and did not keep
> the correct aspect ratio.
> --
> Only seek what you really want and need
>

> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> Are you using a CRT monitor or an LCD? If an LCD, what is the "native
>> resolution"?
>>
>> Right click on the Desktop, select Personalize, click "Display Settings"
>> link,
>> use the Resolution slider to adjust to the proper resolution (native
>> resolution
>> for LCD) for your monitor.
>>

>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>

>> "Pictureshowman" <Pictureshowman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > just changed from XP to Vista Ultimate and I cant find where to stretch the
>> > Desktop to full screen as I now only have the centre with a black band on
>> > each side. Suggestions please?
>> > --
>> > Only seek what you really want and need

Pictureshowman

Re: cant stretch the desktop to full screen
Silly me I didnt put the LCD Screen into widescreen 16:9. Thanks Yu-all