Windows Media Player 11 in Vista Home Premium not working

chrissy

Windows Media Player 11 in Vista Home Premium not working
Seems like there are quite a lot of us out there having probs with WMP11 just
suddenly stopping working for no apparent reason. I've realised that there
is no update or cure so think its time microsoft made a patch to repair WMP11
or brought out WMP11 beyond 11.0.6000.6336 so people can download something
to repair their WMP11. Whats the point in having a computer when you can't
even listen to music on it!!!!!!!!!! I miss windows XP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
--
chrissy
Cal Bear '66

Re: Windows Media Player 11 in Vista Home Premium not working
EXACTLY how is Windows Media Player not working?

Please describe your problems in detail.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"chrissy" <chrissy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Seems like there are quite a lot of us out there having probs with WMP11 just
> suddenly stopping working for no apparent reason. I've realised that there
> is no update or cure so think its time microsoft made a patch to repair WMP11
> or brought out WMP11 beyond 11.0.6000.6336 so people can download something
> to repair their WMP11. Whats the point in having a computer when you can't
> even listen to music on it!!!!!!!!!! I miss windows XP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> --
> chrissy

chrissy

Re: Windows Media Player 11 in Vista Home Premium not working
It really is playing up ... started off with suddenly not being able to get
into playlists, i'd got loads in there and was really pleased with the
results. Now although I can play them, I am unable to open them and simply
view them? Then all of a sudden I couldn't even open WMP at all. I tried
restoring back in time but then lost all the music, even from my library. I
undid the restore and it would open again but still was unable to get into
view playlists. I've tried reinstalling vista from the vista disk ... wont
repair?? Never have been able to transfer music files from other programmes
into the WMP library?? Can rip CDs though. Just not having any look with it
at all. Didn't have any of these problems when I used XP and the player
could be reinstalled seperately and thus be repaired. What do you think? Am
I better off just using a different player all together until microsoft
release something that will repair it?? Although I can find my way round a
computer I certainly wouldn't describe myself as proficient ... more like
scared of making it worse??
--
chrissy

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> EXACTLY how is Windows Media Player not working?
>
> Please describe your problems in detail.
>

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "chrissy" <chrissy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Seems like there are quite a lot of us out there having probs with WMP11 just
> > suddenly stopping working for no apparent reason. I've realised that there
> > is no update or cure so think its time microsoft made a patch to repair WMP11
> > or brought out WMP11 beyond 11.0.6000.6336 so people can download something
> > to repair their WMP11. Whats the point in having a computer when you can't
> > even listen to music on it!!!!!!!!!! I miss windows XP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> > --
> > chrissy

Diana

Re: Windows Media Player 11 in Vista Home Premium not working
hehe.. this isn't the first posted problem but since i found ya again..

apparently our version of the needs to be updated (thats what the error msg
says) but when we go to the MSWMP new download.. it says it cant download it
because the version that is already installed IS the newest version available
and there is no way to repair the problem. this is making me so sad!

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> EXACTLY how is Windows Media Player not working?
>
> Please describe your problems in detail.
>

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "chrissy" <chrissy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Seems like there are quite a lot of us out there having probs with WMP11 just
> > suddenly stopping working for no apparent reason. I've realised that there
> > is no update or cure so think its time microsoft made a patch to repair WMP11
> > or brought out WMP11 beyond 11.0.6000.6336 so people can download something
> > to repair their WMP11. Whats the point in having a computer when you can't
> > even listen to music on it!!!!!!!!!! I miss windows XP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> > --
> > chrissy

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Windows Media Player 11 in Vista Home Premium not working

What's the exact text of the error message that you're getting?

--
Speaking for myself only.

"Diana" <Diana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hehe.. this isn't the first posted problem but since i found ya again..
>
> apparently our version of the needs to be updated (thats what the error
> msg
> says) but when we go to the MSWMP new download.. it says it cant download
> it
> because the version that is already installed IS the newest version
> available
> and there is no way to repair the problem. this is making me so sad!
>
> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> EXACTLY how is Windows Media Player not working?
>>
>> Please describe your problems in detail.
>>

>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>

>> "chrissy" <chrissy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Seems like there are quite a lot of us out there having probs with
>> > WMP11 just
>> > suddenly stopping working for no apparent reason. I've realised that
>> > there
>> > is no update or cure so think its time microsoft made a patch to repair
>> > WMP11
>> > or brought out WMP11 beyond 11.0.6000.6336 so people can download
>> > something
>> > to repair their WMP11. Whats the point in having a computer when you
>> > can't
>> > even listen to music on it!!!!!!!!!! I miss windows
>> > --
>> > chrissy

Marcia

RE: Windows Media Player 11 in Vista Home Premium not working
Hi can any ony help me my volume doesn't sound right it has too much trebble
or like little mice, where can I go to fix this problem?
--
MM