Picasa versus Windows Photo Gallery

Beejaysoo

Picasa versus Windows Photo Gallery

Does anyone have any thoughts on using Picasa for managing and fixing their
photos rather than Windows Photo Gallery. I have used Picasa for some time
and found it fine for what I need. Now that I have WPG, I wonder whether I
need both?

Thanks,

bj

rover

RE: Picasa versus Windows Photo Gallery

"Beejaysoo" wrote:

> Does anyone have any thoughts on using Picasa for managing and fixing their
> photos rather than Windows Photo Gallery. I have used Picasa for some time
> and found it fine for what I need. Now that I have WPG, I wonder whether I
> need both?
>
> Thanks,
>
> bj

RogerT

RE: Picasa versus Windows Photo Gallery
I too have been doing the same, and prefer to use photo Gallery over picassa,
but picassa has a couple of important feature I needed, Rotate is one of
them, I wish photo Gallery had the same, until then I must keep both, other
wise I would use photo Gallery only.

"Beejaysoo" wrote:

> Does anyone have any thoughts on using Picasa for managing and fixing their
> photos rather than Windows Photo Gallery. I have used Picasa for some time
> and found it fine for what I need. Now that I have WPG, I wonder whether I
> need both?
>
> Thanks,
>
> bj

Bill Condie

Re: Picasa versus Windows Photo Gallery
Windows Photo Gallery HAS rotate. It's on the bottom, just beside Delete,
not in the Fix panel

"RogerT" <RogerT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I too have been doing the same, and prefer to use photo Gallery over
>picassa,
> but picassa has a couple of important feature I needed, Rotate is one of
> them, I wish photo Gallery had the same, until then I must keep both,
> other
> wise I would use photo Gallery only.
>
> "Beejaysoo" wrote:
>

>> Does anyone have any thoughts on using Picasa for managing and fixing
>> their
>> photos rather than Windows Photo Gallery. I have used Picasa for some
>> time
>> and found it fine for what I need. Now that I have WPG, I wonder whether
>> need both?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> bj

Dave

Re: Picasa versus Windows Photo Gallery
The newer Windows Live Photo Gallery has a few more features, and works
faster, IMHO.

http://get.live.com/photogallery/overview

--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"RogerT" <RogerT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I too have been doing the same, and prefer to use photo Gallery over
> picassa,
> but picassa has a couple of important feature I needed, Rotate is one of
> them, I wish photo Gallery had the same, until then I must keep both,
> other
> wise I would use photo Gallery only.
>
> "Beejaysoo" wrote:
>

>> Does anyone have any thoughts on using Picasa for managing and fixing
>> their
>> photos rather than Windows Photo Gallery. I have used Picasa for some
>> time
>> and found it fine for what I need. Now that I have WPG, I wonder whether
>> need both?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> bj

Edward

Re: Picasa versus Windows Photo Gallery
yes, but only for 90┬░ turns, so completely useless when you want to adjust
an oblique horizon line.
IrfanView can do it and much more.

"Bill Condie" <billcondiespam@gmail.com> schreef in bericht
> Windows Photo Gallery HAS rotate. It's on the bottom, just beside Delete,
> not in the Fix panel
>

> "RogerT" <RogerT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I too have been doing the same, and prefer to use photo Gallery over
>>picassa,
>> but picassa has a couple of important feature I needed, Rotate is one of
>> them, I wish photo Gallery had the same, until then I must keep both,
>> other
>> wise I would use photo Gallery only.
>>
>> "Beejaysoo" wrote:
>>

>>> Does anyone have any thoughts on using Picasa for managing and fixing
>>> their
>>> photos rather than Windows Photo Gallery. I have used Picasa for some
>>> time
>>> and found it fine for what I need. Now that I have WPG, I wonder
>>> whether I
>>> need both?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> bj

Bill Condie

Re: Picasa versus Windows Photo Gallery
So it's inadequate for most, but it's THERE