Windows Movie Maker Saving Movie

Tina

Windows Movie Maker Saving Movie
I worked so hard on a movie I made in windows movie maker. The movie itself
is around 6 and a half minutes long.

This is the message that keeps coming up when I go to save it to my computer:

Windows Movie Maker cannot publish the movie to the specified location.
Verify that the original source files in your movie are still available, that
publishing location is still available, that there is enough free disk space
available, and then try again.

Can someone please tell me what to do?

Adam Albright

Re: Windows Movie Maker Saving Movie
On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 15:00:09 -0700, Tina
<Tina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I worked so hard on a movie I made in windows movie maker. The movie itself
>is around 6 and a half minutes long.
>
>This is the message that keeps coming up when I go to save it to my computer:
>
>Windows Movie Maker cannot publish the movie to the specified location.
>Verify that the original source files in your movie are still available, that
>publishing location is still available, that there is enough free disk space
>available, and then try again.
>
>Can someone please tell me what to do?

Did you move any of your source files, rename any? Do you have enough
room on the drive you are attempting to save to? Have you tried saving
to another drive if you have more than one? This is actually a simple
problem you can't really blame Movie Maker for. Either it can't find
some files because you moved or renamed them or you are trying to save
to a location where you don't have enough room for the finished file
which may be way bigger than your source files depending on how you
published the project.

PapaJohn

Re: Windows Movie Maker Saving Movie
check my website's Problem Solving > Crashes and Hangs page.

there are many reasons it could be... and some of them not covered by the
error message.

PapaJohn

"Tina" <Tina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I worked so hard on a movie I made in windows movie maker. The movie itself
> is around 6 and a half minutes long.
>
> This is the message that keeps coming up when I go to save it to my
> computer:
>
> Windows Movie Maker cannot publish the movie to the specified location.
> Verify that the original source files in your movie are still available,
> that
> publishing location is still available, that there is enough free disk
> space
> available, and then try again.
>
> Can someone please tell me what to do?

Christian81927

RE: Windows Movie Maker Saving Movie
Hi,

had the same problem. When starting MM with admin rights saving movies
works. Running without admin rights reproduces the error message. Hope this
works for you, too.

Regards
Christian81927