What Photo program to use with Windows Vista

4jaf

What Photo program to use with Windows Vista
We just got a new Dell Pc, with Windows Vista. I don't like it much but it is
what the Dell came with so now I need to figure out what picture program is
compatible. I have used Picture it 2002 for some time and it did everything I
wanted in a program. I down loaded it onto the new PC and it is having some
issues. Doesn't want to work- period. So I downloaded the Adobe photo deluxe,
which I am not too familiar with and it also has some issues with the PC.
I.e. No help because the co. has decided not to help with this program any
longer?? (Strange) Makes one think twice about using their programs!!
My ? is > What program has the same features of the Picture It 2002, and is
compatible with the Windows Vista?
TY
--
4jaf
John Inzer

Re: What Photo program to use with Windows Vista
4jaf wrote:
> We just got a new Dell Pc, with Windows Vista. I don't like it much
> but it is what the Dell came with so now I need to figure out what
> picture program is compatible. I have used Picture it 2002 for some
> time and it did everything I wanted in a program. I down loaded it
> onto the new PC and it is having some issues. Doesn't want to work-
> period. So I downloaded the Adobe photo deluxe, which I am not too
> familiar with and it also has some issues with the PC. I.e. No help
> because the co. has decided not to help with this program any
> longer?? (Strange) Makes one think twice about using their programs!!
> My ? is > What program has the same features of the Picture It 2002,
> and is compatible with the Windows Vista?
> TY

=============================
You are correct...PI2002 will not run
successfully on Vista.

Microsoft Digital Image Suite 2006
Anniversary Edition is optimized for Vista.
(MS Picture It! and MS Digital Image
are in the same product line)

There's a 60 day trial version available for
download if you would like to give it a try.

If you like the trial version...you may be able
to find some retailers who still have copies
of the discontinued Anniversary edition
in stock.

Microsoft Digital Image
Starter Edition 2006
http://tinyurl.com/28loxr
(this product line has been
discontinued but you can still
down-load the Starter Version
and run it for 60 days)

Unlike the retail version...the trial does not
have the ability to create VCDs and it does
not include the clipart and pre-formatted
projects.

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Mama Pitt

Re: What Photo program to use with Windows Vista
I just trying to reload PIcture IT! Photo 2002 after my hard drive crashed
and am getting this error:

runtime error
Program: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Picture It! 2002\pip.exe
abnormal program termination

I have rebooted, removed and then reinstalled the program. Any ideas for
solving this one?

Mama Pitt