Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

jpg.files

microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-17-2007
jimmydungen@hotmail.com
 

Posts: n/a
jpg.files
Suddenly I cant open photo's in jpg. format. I receive a pop-up saying there
is no link and i should do something in the configuration screen to install
that link???
any suggestion to have my jpg. files opened again ??

thanks, Jim
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-17-2007
Tom Lake
 

Posts: n/a
Re: jpg.files

"jimmydungen@hotmail.com" <jimmydungenhotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com >
wrote in message news:2789B0A8-1E10-4E89-ADDC-E8A2760E36DD@microsoft.com...
> Suddenly I cant open photo's in jpg. format. I receive a pop-up saying
> there
> is no link and i should do something in the configuration screen to
> install
> that link???
> any suggestion to have my jpg. files opened again ??
>
> thanks, Jim


Display a folder that has .jpg file in it. Now right-click on one of them
and choose Open With... from the menu.
If the program you'd like to use is in the list select it. If not, click on
choose program, then navigate to the folder where your preferred
graphics program resides and select the .exe file for it. Make sure
the box marked, "Always use the selected program..." is checked.
Click OK and you're done. You should see the icons for the jpg
files change to that of your graphics program.

Tom Lake


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-17-2007
jimmydungen@hotmail.com
 

Posts: n/a
Re: jpg.files
Thanks Tom,
Unfortunately when i right click on a jpg. picture or file it just says
"open"and not "open with ". If i click on open nothiong happens.

"Tom Lake" wrote:

>
> "jimmydungen@hotmail.com" <jimmydungenhotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com >
> wrote in message news:2789B0A8-1E10-4E89-ADDC-E8A2760E36DD@microsoft.com...
> > Suddenly I cant open photo's in jpg. format. I receive a pop-up saying
> > there
> > is no link and i should do something in the configuration screen to
> > install
> > that link???
> > any suggestion to have my jpg. files opened again ??
> >
> > thanks, Jim

>
> Display a folder that has .jpg file in it. Now right-click on one of them
> and choose Open With... from the menu.
> If the program you'd like to use is in the list select it. If not, click on
> choose program, then navigate to the folder where your preferred
> graphics program resides and select the .exe file for it. Make sure
> the box marked, "Always use the selected program..." is checked.
> Click OK and you're done. You should see the icons for the jpg
> files change to that of your graphics program.
>
> Tom Lake
>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09-17-2007
Adam Albright
 

Posts: n/a
Re: jpg.files
On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 14:02:03 -0700, jimmydungen@hotmail.com
<jimmydungenhotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com > wrote:

>Thanks Tom,
>Unfortunately when i right click on a jpg. picture or file it just says
>"open"and not "open with ". If i click on open nothiong happens.


Go to Control Panel, Default Programs, associate file type or protocol
with a program, wait the list to build, scroll down, see what is set
to open .jpg. If not the application you want, follow on screen
prompts to reset.

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 09-17-2007
jimmydungen@hotmail.com
 

Posts: n/a
Re: jpg.files
Thanks Adam, this was the solution.

"Adam Albright" wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 14:02:03 -0700, jimmydungen@hotmail.com
> <jimmydungenhotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com > wrote:
>
> >Thanks Tom,
> >Unfortunately when i right click on a jpg. picture or file it just says
> >"open"and not "open with ". If i click on open nothiong happens.

>
> Go to Control Panel, Default Programs, associate file type or protocol
> with a program, wait the list to build, scroll down, see what is set
> to open .jpg. If not the application you want, follow on screen
> prompts to reset.
>
>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Corrupted jpg files - Anyone else see this? Michael Price microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 7 03-10-2013 22:25
Vista has corrupted 30% of all of my JPG files tewkes microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 111 05-06-2009 15:11
Vist Issues seeing old jpg files. DaftDave microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 2 07-15-2008 08:20
jpg or bmp name files sebastico microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 3 07-08-2007 16:18
jpg files do not open in hotmail =?Utf-8?B?c3VlIG0=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 2 03-21-2007 20:44




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:14.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120