Windows DVD Maker will not recognize my DVD burner

spaceangel_2003

Windows DVD Maker will not recognize my DVD burner
When i try to burn a DVD in windows dvd maker it will not let me select my
dvd burner. The pull down menu under dvd burner is blank. My burner did
however work when i used the trial version of nero so i know it is not
something wrong with my burner. can anyone help me with this???
Alice

Re: Windows DVD Maker will not recognize my DVD burner
Got the same problem....Hope someone has an answer!

Thanks,
Alice

"spaceangel_2003" <spaceangel2003@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:A97AD6F5-0C20-41CF-BAA7-18C920418758@microsoft.com...
> When i try to burn a DVD in windows dvd maker it will not let me select my
> dvd burner. The pull down menu under dvd burner is blank. My burner did
> however work when i used the trial version of nero so i know it is not
> something wrong with my burner. can anyone help me with this???

Cal Bear '66

Re: Windows DVD Maker will not recognize my DVD burner
Try this:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b/929461/en-us

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Alice" <alice-stewart@msn.com> wrote in message
> Got the same problem....Hope someone has an answer!
>
> Thanks,
> Alice
>
> "spaceangel_2003" <spaceangel2003@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> When i try to burn a DVD in windows dvd maker it will not let me select my
>> dvd burner. The pull down menu under dvd burner is blank. My burner did
>> however work when i used the trial version of nero so i know it is not
>> something wrong with my burner. can anyone help me with this???

spaceangel_2003

Re: Windows DVD Maker will not recognize my DVD burner
I read the article and it seems like this should be done only when your DVD
burner wont work at all but mine will work if i use nero. The only thing it
wont work on is windows dvd maker. Does this artile apply to that as well?

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> Try this:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default...b/929461/en-us
>

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "spaceangel_2003" <spaceangel2003@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When i try to burn a DVD in windows dvd maker it will not let me select my
> > dvd burner. The pull down menu under dvd burner is blank. My burner did
> > however work when i used the trial version of nero so i know it is not
> > something wrong with my burner. can anyone help me with this???

Charly Pixels

Re: Windows DVD Maker will not recognize my DVD burner
I have identicaly the same problem with DvD maker in Vista Ultimate.

My DVD RW LiteOn Lightscribe works perfectly with NERO but in DVD maker I
can not select it. I have a blank list to select the player.

help would be appreciated.

Charly
Charly Pixels

Re: Windows DVD Maker will not recognize my DVD burner
Me again,

I tried changing the upper and lower filters in the registery but there are
no such filters in my registery. I am using Vista Premium

HELP

"Charly Pixels" wrote:

> I have identicaly the same problem with DvD maker in Vista Ultimate.
>
> My DVD RW LiteOn Lightscribe works perfectly with NERO but in DVD maker I
> can not select it. I have a blank list to select the player.
>
> help would be appreciated.
>
> Charly

Hoody

Re: Windows DVD Maker will not recognize my DVD burner
Hello Charly,
your problem is exactly the same as mine. I have also had no luck. Can
anyone help us ?

"Charly Pixels" wrote:

> Me again,
>
> I tried changing the upper and lower filters in the registery but there are
> no such filters in my registery. I am using Vista Premium
>
> HELP
>
> "Charly Pixels" wrote:
>
> > I have identicaly the same problem with DvD maker in Vista Ultimate.
> >
> > My DVD RW LiteOn Lightscribe works perfectly with NERO but in DVD maker I
> > can not select it. I have a blank list to select the player.
> >
> > help would be appreciated.
> >
> > Charly

Charly Pixels

RE: Windows DVD Maker will not recognize my DVD burner
Well it is obvious that Microsoft loves selling soft but once a problem they
don't even matter to look to it.

This problem is not a standalone problem and is already reported on several
forums without any answer from Microsoft. This thread here is started a month
ago and you can see, they don't look at it.

Next time I buy a mac.

Charly
ofausti

Re: Windows DVD Maker will not recognize my DVD burner

I have a similar problem with different hardware: the wrong device is
recognized as the disc burner, the read disc burner is not in the
explorer list, nor in the corresponding lists of the other windows
applications.

I have to admit, at least my system (Vista-64bit Home Premium on Asus
P5K with Intel E6850) is "creative", because it recognizes the disc
burner (LG GSA-H54N on IDE/ATAPI) only as a reading device and the
CD/DVD player (LG GDR-H20N on SATA) as a writing device!

In a previous test installation of XP-32bit: no problem! Even a linux
installation gives no problem. (So, why a Mac Charly... keep the
hardware and get linux!)

I tried the solution of kb929461, but my registry file already has
no Upper- and Lower-filters under the relevant subkey.
This is confirmed by running “devcon stack gencdrom”:

-IDE\CDROMHL-DT-ST_DVD-ROM_GDRH20N____________0L02____\5&643F929&0&1.0.0-
- Name: HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDRH20N ATA Device-
- Setup Class: {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} CDROM-
- Controlling service:-
- Cdrom-

-SCSI\CDROM&VEN_HL-DT-ST&PROD_DVD-RAM_GSA-H54N&REV_1.00\5&36A48F33&0&000000-
- Name: HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H54N SCSI CdRom Device-
- Setup Class: {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} CDROM-
- Controlling service:-
- Cdrom-

-2 matching device(s) found.-

At least according the device name, the correct distinction between the
reading and burning hardware is made!
::::
Who knows the most efficient way to send complains to Microsoft?
I already gave them a negative, but detailed, feedback after kb929461.
Will they help us to solve the problem?

--
ofausti