MS Movie Maker- Not responding

Diane ;)

MS Movie Maker- Not responding
I'm using MS Movie Maker in Vista... and have created a fairly large project
(~10 min long) using photos and videos. But, I've reached a point where I
can't make a single change (effects, transitions) without the Preview
shutting down. I checked the FAQ, but all that was available was a
recommendation built for XP users where I needed to change the regedit. But,
I couldn't apply the recommendation to Vista. I wanted to have my
presentation done for my Grandfather's 98th Birthday tomorrow - but, it
doesn't look like I'll make it. I've seemed to max out the amount of changes
I can make to the project. Too bad - it was looking pretty good.

Any recommendations from anyone... pleeeeeeez...
Adam Albright

Re: MS Movie Maker- Not responding
On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 18:08:00 -0700, Diane <Diane
@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I'm using MS Movie Maker in Vista... and have created a fairly large project
>(~10 min long) using photos and videos. But, I've reached a point where I
>can't make a single change (effects, transitions) without the Preview
>shutting down. I checked the FAQ, but all that was available was a
>recommendation built for XP users where I needed to change the regedit. But,
>I couldn't apply the recommendation to Vista. I wanted to have my
>presentation done for my Grandfather's 98th Birthday tomorrow - but, it
>doesn't look like I'll make it. I've seemed to max out the amount of changes
>I can make to the project. Too bad - it was looking pretty good.
>
>Any recommendations from anyone... pleeeeeeez...

Large is a relative term. I've made project over two hours in length
in Vegas without any problem. Movie Maker is too limited in so many
ways to consider it anything but a toy.

I like a challenge. :-)

Just to see what happened I dumped an entire folder, a little less
than a 1,000 images into Movie Maker and put it on the timeline. The
time span was over 40 minutes. Without effect or transitions it seems
to play fine.

Next I tried to add effects and transitions. I put the first in at the
1:25 minute mark. As you've seen the preview window remaining black.
So I just waited. Using a stopwatch it took 16 seconds before the
effect was accepted on the timeline, then the preview showed as
expected. I repeated the experiment moving further down the line
adding transitions here are there anywhere from five minute to 35
minutes down the timeline. Each time it took between 14-16 seconds for
Movie Maker to show anything in the preview window.

So it may not be shutting down, just very slow to respond.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: MS Movie Maker- Not responding

What's the fault bucket data--
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
- as found in the Problem Reports and Solutions Center?

--
Speaking for myself only.