Removing tags

muttmean(removethis)@msn.com

Removing tags
I am new to Vista. When I upload pictures from prior computer, I added a tag
that now appears on every single picture, which I didn't want. Is there a
way I can remove the current tag from all the pictures besides having to do
it one-by-one? I have divided the pictures into folders and have tried to
highlight all the pictures in a folder and change the tag that way but it
didn't work. Please be specific about how to do it as I have already tried
quite a few things. Thank you.
Michael

Re: Removing tags
To remove a tag from ALL pictures.

Open Windows Photo Gallery
In the left pane, expand the tags item
Type the tag or scan down the list to locate it
Right click the tag
Select 'delete'
agree that you want to remove this tag from all pictures and video
the tag is gone, the pictures and videos remain however.

Michael

<muttmeanremovethismsncom@discussions.microsoft.co m> wrote in message
>I am new to Vista. When I upload pictures from prior computer, I added a
>tag
> that now appears on every single picture, which I didn't want. Is there a
> way I can remove the current tag from all the pictures besides having to
> do
> it one-by-one? I have divided the pictures into folders and have tried to
> highlight all the pictures in a folder and change the tag that way but it
> didn't work. Please be specific about how to do it as I have already tried
> quite a few things. Thank you.

muttmean(removethis)@msn.com

Re: Removing tags
The tag that I assigned when uploading all the pictures does not appear in
the expanded list of tags. Just tags from the pictures that were on the
system are shown in under "Tags". Thanks for replying

"Michael" wrote:

> To remove a tag from ALL pictures.
>
> Open Windows Photo Gallery
> In the left pane, expand the tags item
> Type the tag or scan down the list to locate it
> Right click the tag
> Select 'delete'
> agree that you want to remove this tag from all pictures and video
> the tag is gone, the pictures and videos remain however.
>
> Michael
>

> "muttmean(removethis)@msn.com"
> <muttmeanremovethismsncom@discussions.microsoft.co m> wrote in message
> >I am new to Vista. When I upload pictures from prior computer, I added a
> >tag
> > that now appears on every single picture, which I didn't want. Is there a
> > way I can remove the current tag from all the pictures besides having to
> > do
> > it one-by-one? I have divided the pictures into folders and have tried to
> > highlight all the pictures in a folder and change the tag that way but it
> > didn't work. Please be specific about how to do it as I have already tried
> > quite a few things. Thank you.

Michael

Re: Removing tags
Do the pictures in question show in Photo Gallery?
If you uploaded them into some area that Photo Gallery was not expecting
then they will not have been indexed.
You could either move the pictures into a normal place for pictures or add
the place where they are to the indexing of Photo Gallery:

Files
Add folder

It is also possible that your uploading added the 'tag' in a non-Microsoft
way and therefore they cannot be seen by Photo Gallery or searched by Vista.

re-reading your origional post... do you mean that the name of the picture
has the tag added to it ie tag004mything.jpg or something like that?
If that is the case there are some bulk file rename programs out there.

> The tag that I assigned when uploading all the pictures does not appear in
> the expanded list of tags. Just tags from the pictures that were on the
> system are shown in under "Tags". Thanks for replying
>
> "Michael" wrote:
>
>> To remove a tag from ALL pictures.
>>
>> Open Windows Photo Gallery
>> In the left pane, expand the tags item
>> Type the tag or scan down the list to locate it
>> Right click the tag
>> Select 'delete'
>> agree that you want to remove this tag from all pictures and video
>> the tag is gone, the pictures and videos remain however.
>>
>> Michael
>>

>> "muttmean(removethis)@msn.com"
>> <muttmeanremovethismsncom@discussions.microsoft.co m> wrote in message
>> >I am new to Vista. When I upload pictures from prior computer, I added a
>> >tag
>> > that now appears on every single picture, which I didn't want. Is
>> > there a
>> > way I can remove the current tag from all the pictures besides having
>> > do
>> > it one-by-one? I have divided the pictures into folders and have tried
>> > highlight all the pictures in a folder and change the tag that way but
>> > it
>> > didn't work. Please be specific about how to do it as I have already
>> > tried
>> > quite a few things. Thank you.

muttmean(removethis)@msn.com

Re: Removing tags
Yes, the name is Mice323.JPG, so I guess I would need the bulk rename
program. Might be easier just to delete them all and reload????

"Michael" wrote:

> Do the pictures in question show in Photo Gallery?
> If you uploaded them into some area that Photo Gallery was not expecting
> then they will not have been indexed.
> You could either move the pictures into a normal place for pictures or add
> the place where they are to the indexing of Photo Gallery:
>
> Files
> Add folder
>
> It is also possible that your uploading added the 'tag' in a non-Microsoft
> way and therefore they cannot be seen by Photo Gallery or searched by Vista.
>

> re-reading your origional post... do you mean that the name of the picture
> has the tag added to it ie tag004mything.jpg or something like that?
> If that is the case there are some bulk file rename programs out there.
>
> Michael
>
> "muttmean(removethis)@msn.com"
> <muttmeanremovethismsncom@discussions.microsoft.co m> wrote in message
> > The tag that I assigned when uploading all the pictures does not appear in
> > the expanded list of tags. Just tags from the pictures that were on the
> > system are shown in under "Tags". Thanks for replying
> >
> > "Michael" wrote:
> >
> >> To remove a tag from ALL pictures.
> >>
> >> Open Windows Photo Gallery
> >> In the left pane, expand the tags item
> >> Type the tag or scan down the list to locate it
> >> Right click the tag
> >> Select 'delete'
> >> agree that you want to remove this tag from all pictures and video
> >> the tag is gone, the pictures and videos remain however.
> >>
> >> Michael
> >>

> >> "muttmean(removethis)@msn.com"

Michael

Re: Removing tags
Sorry about mis-reading the original problem.

Perhaps if you started a new thread along the lines of 'need to bulk rename
files' you might get better help than I can provide as I don't actually have
a rename handy.

But your idea of re-importing them sounds good if they are still available.