vista ultimate media center - empty folders only in pictures

BobMacQ

vista ultimate media center - empty folders only in pictures
Hi - I am running Viusta ultimate on a dual core Intel machine with 4GB RAM
and an ATI 1300 graphics card. Windows Media has searched the driuve and
found 2000 plus pictures but only shows the folders that theya re in. When
you open the folders they are empty and I get a message "no pictures found".
The phoyos are all JPG, folders not hidden and I have associated them with
Media Centre. I have Nero 7 installed but uninstalle it and pictures still
do not show . Stangely a couple of scanned photos in GIF format do show. Have
changed pictures from icons to list in the folders. If I try to add a folder
I get a messagge that nothing has changed so no changes are made. Help!
dean-dean

Re: vista ultimate media center - empty folders only in pictures
I have Media Center, but my picture file types are not associated with it,
and the pictures show up. I would try restoring the default associations
for Windows Photo Gallery in in Control Panel > Default Programs > Set your
Default Programs. Choose Windows Photo Gallery, on the left, and then click
on "Choose defaults for this program", on the right. Put a checkmark next
to all the file types, except .gif. Then click on Save.

"BobMacQ" <BobMacQ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi - I am running Viusta ultimate on a dual core Intel machine with 4GB
> RAM
> and an ATI 1300 graphics card. Windows Media has searched the driuve and
> found 2000 plus pictures but only shows the folders that theya re in. When
> you open the folders they are empty and I get a message "no pictures
> found".
> The phoyos are all JPG, folders not hidden and I have associated them with
> Media Centre. I have Nero 7 installed but uninstalle it and pictures
> still
> do not show . Stangely a couple of scanned photos in GIF format do show.
> Have
> changed pictures from icons to list in the folders. If I try to add a
> folder
> I get a messagge that nothing has changed so no changes are made. Help!

BobMacQ

Re: vista ultimate media center - empty folders only in pictures

Thanks dean - but no joy, tried all asociations. Strangely the Gif that
shows is associated with Microsoft Office picture manager.
"dean-dean" wrote:

> I have Media Center, but my picture file types are not associated with it,
> and the pictures show up. I would try restoring the default associations
> for Windows Photo Gallery in in Control Panel > Default Programs > Set your
> Default Programs. Choose Windows Photo Gallery, on the left, and then click
> on "Choose defaults for this program", on the right. Put a checkmark next
> to all the file types, except .gif. Then click on Save.
>
> "BobMacQ" <BobMacQ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi - I am running Viusta ultimate on a dual core Intel machine with 4GB
> > RAM
> > and an ATI 1300 graphics card. Windows Media has searched the driuve and
> > found 2000 plus pictures but only shows the folders that theya re in. When
> > you open the folders they are empty and I get a message "no pictures
> > found".
> > The phoyos are all JPG, folders not hidden and I have associated them with
> > Media Centre. I have Nero 7 installed but uninstalle it and pictures
> > still
> > do not show . Stangely a couple of scanned photos in GIF format do show.
> > Have
> > changed pictures from icons to list in the folders. If I try to add a
> > folder
> > I get a messagge that nothing has changed so no changes are made. Help!

dean-dean

Re: vista ultimate media center - empty folders only in pictures
I would try this. Go to http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/105/1/ and
download and merge the Vista registry fixes for the jpe, jpeg, jpg, bmp,
ico, tif, and tiff file associations.

It appears that the "PerceivedType" data for those file type entries in the
registry has possibly been altered or is missing altogether...

To fix the .png file type, if that's a problem, go here:
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/202/1/

> Thanks dean - but no joy, tried all asociations. Strangely the Gif that
> shows is associated with Microsoft Office picture manager.
> "dean-dean" wrote:
>
>> I have Media Center, but my picture file types are not associated with
>> it,
>> and the pictures show up. I would try restoring the default associations
>> for Windows Photo Gallery in in Control Panel > Default Programs > Set
>> your
>> Default Programs. Choose Windows Photo Gallery, on the left, and then
>> click
>> on "Choose defaults for this program", on the right. Put a checkmark
>> next
>> to all the file types, except .gif. Then click on Save.
>>
>> "BobMacQ" <BobMacQ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi - I am running Viusta ultimate on a dual core Intel machine with 4GB
>> > RAM
>> > and an ATI 1300 graphics card. Windows Media has searched the driuve
>> > and
>> > found 2000 plus pictures but only shows the folders that theya re in.
>> > When
>> > you open the folders they are empty and I get a message "no pictures
>> > found".
>> > The phoyos are all JPG, folders not hidden and I have associated them
>> > with
>> > Media Centre. I have Nero 7 installed but uninstalle it and pictures
>> > still
>> > do not show . Stangely a couple of scanned photos in GIF format do
>> > show.
>> > Have
>> > changed pictures from icons to list in the folders. If I try to add a
>> > folder
>> > I get a messagge that nothing has changed so no changes are made. Help!

BobMacQ

Re: vista ultimate media center - empty folders only in pictures
Dean - Fantastic - it worked you are a star. A pity this in't shown in the
Microsoft database would save much heatrtache.

Thanks again

Regards Bob