windows movie maker - green bar on published movies

Cindy

windows movie maker - green bar on published movies
I'm trying to edit some family movies that were originally on vhs,
transferred to a DVD, and now I've copied them onto my computer. I've been
able to edit some clips that look fine in the preview window, but once they
are published, a green bar covers the bottom half of the screen and the clip
itself is not cut off but is slightly distorted. Any ideas how to get rid
of the green bar?
Cindy

RE: windows movie maker - green bar on published movies
I found the answer. In case anyone else has this problem, here's what I did.
I downloaded XVid from its website. Then I followed the directions from
another website which told me to go to the configure decoder,then output
options, and choose compatibility renderer.

"Cindy" wrote:

> I'm trying to edit some family movies that were originally on vhs,
> transferred to a DVD, and now I've copied them onto my computer. I've been
> able to edit some clips that look fine in the preview window, but once they
> are published, a green bar covers the bottom half of the screen and the clip
> itself is not cut off but is slightly distorted. Any ideas how to get rid
> of the green bar?

John Inzer

Cindy wrote:
> I found the answer. In case anyone else has this problem, here's
> what I did. I downloaded XVid from its website. Then I followed the
> directions from another website which told me to go to the configure
> decoder,then output options, and choose compatibility renderer.

=================================
Thanks for the info.

Can you provide the links to the websites?

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Jerry

RE: windows movie maker - green bar on published movies
I have had the same Problem Please post further info on this. I prefer the
dvd menu options on this program rather than the plain ones with nero or
others of the sort. too bad it takes all day to make a movie.

"Cindy" wrote:

> I'm trying to edit some family movies that were originally on vhs,
> transferred to a DVD, and now I've copied them onto my computer. I've been
> able to edit some clips that look fine in the preview window, but once they
> are published, a green bar covers the bottom half of the screen and the clip
> itself is not cut off but is slightly distorted. Any ideas how to get rid
> of the green bar?

Cindy

RE: windows movie maker - green bar on published movies
Here's the website I found by googling my problem:
http://www.bernzilla.com/item.php?id=884

When I tried to follow the directions, I was unable to find XVid on my
computer. So I googled XVid and then went to ( I think) the 2nd entry to
download XVid. After I downloaded it, I was able to follow the directions
from bernzilla and when I published a video - Voila!! no green bar!!!!

"Jerry" wrote:

> I have had the same Problem Please post further info on this. I prefer the
> dvd menu options on this program rather than the plain ones with nero or
> others of the sort. too bad it takes all day to make a movie.
>
> "Cindy" wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to edit some family movies that were originally on vhs,
> > transferred to a DVD, and now I've copied them onto my computer. I've been
> > able to edit some clips that look fine in the preview window, but once they
> > are published, a green bar covers the bottom half of the screen and the clip
> > itself is not cut off but is slightly distorted. Any ideas how to get rid
> > of the green bar?

John Inzer

Cindy wrote:
> Here's the website I found by googling my problem:
> http://www.bernzilla.com/item.php?id=884
>
> When I tried to follow the directions, I was unable to find XVid
> on my computer. So I googled XVid and then went to ( I think) the
> 2nd entry to download XVid. After I downloaded it, I was able to
> follow the directions from bernzilla and when I published a video -
> Voila!! no green bar!!!!

==============================
Thanks for the info.

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Jerry

RE: windows movie maker - green bar on published movies
Hedy thanks for the info appreciate it. now i'll get to use good looking
menus on my dvd's

"Cindy" wrote:

> Here's the website I found by googling my problem:
> http://www.bernzilla.com/item.php?id=884
>
> When I tried to follow the directions, I was unable to find XVid on my
> computer. So I googled XVid and then went to ( I think) the 2nd entry to
> download XVid. After I downloaded it, I was able to follow the directions
> from bernzilla and when I published a video - Voila!! no green bar!!!!
>
> "Jerry" wrote:
>
> > I have had the same Problem Please post further info on this. I prefer the
> > dvd menu options on this program rather than the plain ones with nero or
> > others of the sort. too bad it takes all day to make a movie.
> >
> > "Cindy" wrote:
> >
> > > I'm trying to edit some family movies that were originally on vhs,
> > > transferred to a DVD, and now I've copied them onto my computer. I've been
> > > able to edit some clips that look fine in the preview window, but once they
> > > are published, a green bar covers the bottom half of the screen and the clip
> > > itself is not cut off but is slightly distorted. Any ideas how to get rid
> > > of the green bar?

How can I edit a published movie?

"Cindy" wrote:

> I'm trying to edit some family movies that were originally on vhs,
> transferred to a DVD, and now I've copied them onto my computer. I've been
> able to edit some clips that look fine in the preview window, but once they
> are published, a green bar covers the bottom half of the screen and the clip
> itself is not cut off but is slightly distorted. Any ideas how to get rid
> of the green bar?

ChristinaShoutsOut

Re: windows movie maker - green bar on published movies

Sorry but i am really confused,
you know you download the Xvid link so now you can get in in programmes
and then do the decoder etc...
can you give me a link for downloading it cause i cant find it!
and once you download it what do you do?
do you save it or open it etc..
thanks i would be so greatful if you could save me from this annoying
nightmare!

--
ChristinaShoutsOut
John Inzer

ChristinaShoutsOut wrote:
> Sorry but i am really confused,
> you know you download the Xvid link so now you can get in in
> programmes and then do the decoder etc...
> can you give me a link for downloading it cause i cant find it!
> and once you download it what do you do?
> do you save it or open it etc..
> thanks i would be so greatful if you could save me from this annoying
> nightmare!

=======================================
Maybe something in the following thread will offer some ideas:

Thick Green Line After Movie is Published
http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/Fo...?PostID=105025

--

John Inzer
Digital Media MVP