Flash Players or lowering the bandwidth?

stacyp27

Flash Players or lowering the bandwidth?
Hi! (I'm new here-please bare with me) I have read that Adobe Flash Player
(Latest) is not very compatible with Vista. I have also read that lowering my
bandwidth can help me watch videos from the internet-(You Tube-etc) I have
SLOW(!!!) internet connection! (man is it slow!) and there isn't much I can
do about that but if lowering the bandwidth helps, please let me know AND how
to do that. Also-since I have slow connection anyway should I even bother
with a flash player? If either of these is not a good idea-let me know. I'm
not sure about these things. Ive tried finding help on-line but NO ONE seems
to care and no one seems to know what to advise. Maybe I should just give up
on watching videos? Also is it possible to download videos to my media
player? The only videos I CAN watch are through Real Player Classic and
they're not very good ones-clarity wise. I have also tried an FLV player but
that didn't help either. One other thing-could a security feature possibly be
a problem? Im greatful for ANY help here!Thanx!
Cal Bear '66

Re: Flash Players or lowering the bandwidth?
The latest Flash Player IS compatible with Vista. You are having a problem
because your connection IS slow. "Lowering the bandwidth" will only make things
WORSE.

P.S. You should seek advice from more knowledgeable people.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> The latest Flash Player IS compatible with Vista. You are having a problem
> because your connection IS slow. "Lowering the bandwidth" will only make things
> WORSE.
>
> P.S. You should seek advice from more knowledgeable people.
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "stacyp27" <stacyp27@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi! (I'm new here-please bare with me) I have read that Adobe Flash Player
> > (Latest) is not very compatible with Vista. I have also read that lowering my
> > bandwidth can help me watch videos from the internet-(You Tube-etc) I have
> > SLOW(!!!) internet connection! (man is it slow!) and there isn't much I can
> > do about that but if lowering the bandwidth helps, please let me know AND how
> > to do that. Also-since I have slow connection anyway should I even bother
> > with a flash player? If either of these is not a good idea-let me know. I'm
> > not sure about these things. Ive tried finding help on-line but NO ONE seems
> > to care and no one seems to know what to advise. Maybe I should just give up
> > on watching videos? Also is it possible to download videos to my media
> > player? The only videos I CAN watch are through Real Player Classic and
> > they're not very good ones-clarity wise. I have also tried an FLV player but
> > that didn't help either. One other thing-could a security feature possibly be
> > a problem? Im greatful for ANY help here!Thanx!

> Hey,

Thanks for the advise. I guess I KNEW the answers to my questions all along,
didn't I? So-I should just delete the Flash Player? It doesnt seem to be
doing anything but taking up space on my desktop anyway. I had a feeling that
lowering the bandwidth would make it worse. Maybe one of these days we'll
finally get some cable through this boonie side of town! Heh! Thanks again.
(I feel so stupid...)
Cal Bear '66

Re: Flash Players or lowering the bandwidth?
NO, you are not stupid. The person who gave you that advice is mis-informed.

If I were you, I would just leave the Flash Player alone. Some sites will nag
you to install it if it is not installed.

The Flash Player is installed on your desktop? It is usually installed as a
plug-in for Internet Explorer. Did you get this "Flash Player" from Adobe?

And you should not just "delete" things -- you should UNINSTALL them through
Control Panel (Classic view) > Programs and Features.